RIP Jimmy Buffet

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I wasn’t a Parrot Head but loved hearing his songs when on vacation at the ocean.

FryDog62

I was a Parrot-head and will miss his music, concerts, fun, but not his politics…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I guess I just don’t understand what anybody’s political beliefs have to do with anything. If I was a concert goer (which I’m not) I could care less if the guy / gal was politically active or not. It’s about the music isn’t it?

Pat K
    Empire, MN

Wasn’t a big fan of his music, but his concerts were some of the best parties I’ve ever been to.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I guess I just don’t understand what anybody’s political beliefs have to do with anything. If I was a concert goer (which I’m not) I could care less if the guy / gal was politically active or not. It’s about the music isn’t it?

i agree Dutchy…..like the Bud BS……..iffin i wanna buy a good beer i’m gonna.

hell, if i boycott everything i disagree with i may as well go find a cave deep in the woods and live there!!!!!!

Jimmy Jones

i may as well go find a cave deep in the woods and live there!!!!!!

You mean you don’t already? lol

glenn57
    cold spring mn

^^^^^^^ nope!!!!!!

FryDog62

Fame gives performers, actors, and athletes a platform. Sometimes you hear them talk and expound their beliefs, agenda, etc. I can enjoy/tolerate it at times and other times it makes me cringe. It has affected what I watch and listen to. I’m either become wiser, or just a crotchety old man.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

What he thinks or believes shouldn’t effect what you or I believe. Pretty sure we can think for ourselves.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Glenn you would find something wrong with the cave.Then where would you live?
    I think we should throw the damn political BS out the door when it comes to the so called trivial stuff.If you like the music listen to it,the beer drink it,the food from somewhere patronize it.My god everybody has to throw that P word in everything now a days.
    RIP JIMMY.

FryDog62

What he thinks or believes shouldn’t effect what you or I believe. Pretty sure we can think for ourselves.

I just choose not to support performers I’m not in alignment with. My playlist is shorter, and I don’t watch many sports any more. Works for me anyway –

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Glenn you would find something wrong with the cave.Then where would you live?
    I think we should throw the damn political BS out the door when it comes to the so called trivial stuff.If you like the music listen to it,the beer drink it,the food from somewhere patronize it.My god everybody has to throw that P word in everything now a days.
    RIP JIMMY.

playboy mansion!!!!! waytogo devil jester

i agree with the political stuff!!!!1

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Someone needs to replace Hugh Glenn.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Someone needs to replace Hugh Glenn.

waytogo and I’m just the guy!! woot rotflol

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

You’re deranged

Buckeye1

Back to the original topic. RIP Jimmy may you find your one particular harbor.

queenswake
    NULL

I think even if you didn’t like his music, he was more about just that. It was about a state of mind that I think we all just want be in. Beach vibes, tiki huts, warm ocean breeze. Can’t help but love that kind of vibe.

Beast

I met him briefly at his bar in key west, my first impression of him was he’s a ass, but still liked some of his songs.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I certainly like his music and had it on quite a bit this weekend. Never followed anyones politics unless they put it out there for everyone to see.

that said, he made a unique type of music and its great to listen too on a hot summer day (or any day when in Florida)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.