Review of gmc, ford, dodge 2019

• troutbum
    St. Paul

Wow. Murica!
    These price tags are laughable.
    Why cant the vehicles today have better screen technology?
    Voice controls suck. Touch screens suck.
    Cant Apple or Samsung strike a partnership with these three (four) big bafoons to make these purchase points seem semi reasonable?

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

They gotcha where they want ya. They know people will pay for it so why offer quality when all they need to add is something new and shiny to keep them coming
    back for more. Materialism at it finest. Looks like gaughty and big is still in.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

These aren’t even comparable trucks to what we had in the 70’s. Durability, ride, safety, interior options. No comparison.

The thing I don’t like about todays trucks are how high the box sits. For me it’s really hard to get in & out.

roger

These aren’t even comparable trucks to what we had in the 70’s. Durability, ride, safety, interior options. No comparison.

LOL I don’t know what kind of truck you had in the 70’s but my 74 chev was the biggest piece of junk I ever owed! 350 was junk, trans was junk and started rusting leaving the dealers lot!! Love my 2009! No comparison!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

LOL I don’t know what kind of truck you had in the 70’s but my 74 chev was the biggest piece of junk I ever owed! 350 was junk, trans was junk and started rusting leaving the dealers lot!! Love my 2009! No comparison!

That’s to bad. The 350 paired with a chevys trans was a very nice option for many years.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Fords straight 6 manual was the best motor ever made, can’t remember the year…mid 90’s?

walleyevision

I don’t understand why Chevy and GMC build their trucks with their front bumpers only 6 inches off the ground. I can’t imagine not doing damage while driving through a field when I go hunting. They are building these trucks for suburban warriors, smh.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I don’t understand why Chevy and GMC build their trucks with their front bumpers only 6 inches off the ground. I can’t imagine not doing damage while driving through a field when I go hunting. They are building these trucks for suburban warriors, smh.

That’s whose buying them

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

The 350 was junk was only around forever.I am still PO they got rid of it.I don’t think you could give away a turbo 400 tranny they were crap-not.Sorry roger have to disagree.

riverruns
    Inactive

What’s a Ford? jester rotflol

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’m sorry, but you and I must have completely different recollections of 1970s vintage pickup trucks.

The ones I remember seldom if ever got be 5 years old without visible rust in multiple places. They rode like buckboards, they had all the creature comforts of a Russian Gulag, and if you were lucky–very lucky–they lasted to 100k.

And then I must ask, when’s the last time you had to take your 21st century pickup of any brand in to the shop for a tuneup and maybe some new points?

I recall vividly my Father’s F-100 from the 70s. Unfortunately it never saw even the ripe old age of 10, it was rusting so bad and chugging oil with such vigor that we used to talk in terms of quarts per mile.

The good old day weren’t always so good.

Grouse

Dan
    Southeast MN

Or driving into work at 3 or 4 in the morning when roads aren’t plowed. I’ve never measured but if you’re saying the clearance is 6 inches, than any time you’re going through 6-plus inches of snow it slows you down. With our winters that happens fairly often to me on county roads getting to work and I’ve always hated it.

Gordio

But I bet that F100 could pull just about anything behind it. These days you need to fork over $100k on at least a 250(0) just to tow a boat without burning up a transmission.

And I’ll gladly trade in ride quality IN MY TRUCK, for durability in demanding conditions.

disco bobber

Gov’t regulations in case of a crash with a lower vehicle.

walleyevision

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>walleyevision wrote:</div>

Gov’t regulations in case of a crash with a lower vehicle.

I get that, but the GMC/Chevy bumpers are so much lower than they have to be.

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

I’m sorry, but you and I must have completely different recollections of 1970s vintage pickup trucks.

The ones I remember seldom if ever got be 5 years old without visible rust in multiple places. They rode like buckboards, they had all the creature comforts of a Russian Gulag, and if you were lucky–very lucky–they lasted to 100k.

And then I must ask, when’s the last time you had to take your 21st century pickup of any brand in to the shop for a tuneup and maybe some new points?

I recall vividly my Father’s F-100 from the 70s. Unfortunately it never saw even the ripe old age of 10, it was rusting so bad and chugging oil with such vigor that we used to talk in terms of quarts per mile.

The good old day weren’t always so good.

Grouse

I believe you and Dutch are saying the same thing. Don’t see him praising the trucks of the 70s anywhere.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m guessing fuel efficiency. Less turbulence under vehicle. Think nascar

John Timm

Yeah front air damn of sorts for mpg. Can’t believe how high some of the boxes are in these newer trucks as stated earlier! Less ground clearance and higher boxes, makes no sense!

deertracker

Now this is a truck. Restored it in high school. Wasn’t finished in this picture. Ended up with 38 inch tires.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. 20190512_124544-1.jpg

2. 20190512_124544.jpg

Brady Valberg

They are all junk these days…2009 gmc top end started going out at 60k miles…buy a 17 chevy…been in the shop more in the last 2 weeks than any vehicle I have ever owned…first for the vacuum pump…why in the f does a half ton need a vacuum pump? Oh to run a brake booster…so dumb…then the oil pump started to go out…2017 w 20k miles and stuff starts going out? I get stuff happens but man when a guy spend 50k on a dam vehicle I’d expect it yo last longer than 20k miles…ready to just beef up a Briggs and Stratton they seem to run forever

queenswake
    NULL

The thing I don’t like about todays trucks are how high the box sits. For me it’s really hard to get in & out.

One of the things I like about my 2002 Silverado is the low box. I have a topper on it now, but before that, I could actually reach over the sides to the stuff in the bed. And I can easily get on top of the tailgate to climb in.

Today’s trucks are not only lifted higher off the ground, but the bed walls are higher. Yes, they may hold slightly more, but it’s all but impossible to actually access stuff.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Today’s trucks are not only lifted higher off the ground, but the bed walls are higher. Yes, they may hold slightly more, but it’s all but impossible to actually access stuff.
    [/quote]

Maybe that’s why they want you to buy a 6,xxx dollar tailgate

mike e

You are part of the reason why “trucks” cost as much as they do. Incorporating Apple or Samsung will surely help price..

Better screen on a truck, good grief.

B-man

The truck bed on my stock 2500 Ram is ridiculously high…..don’t know why they feel like they need to build them like that.

Same thing with the new 3/4 ton Ford’s.

Haven’t been around a new Chevy, but I’m sure they’re up there too.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The truck bed on my stock 2500 Ram is ridiculously high…..don’t know why they feel like they need to build them like that.

Same thing with the new 3/4 ton Ford’s.

Haven’t been around a new Chevy, but I’m sure they’re up there too.

Amen

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I wish I could buy a new 1998 Chevy 1500 ext cab. I have tried several times in the last 5 years or so… even ultra low mile trucks have issues when they get 20 plus years old.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.