Retro opinions

• Doug M
    SE SD

What’s your opinion on the retro Wild jerseys? I am all about tradition, but at this point I prefer the current Wild colors.

Attachments:
    1. ADI_NHL_18661_MINNESOTA_06334-copy-1024x683.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Looks more like a North Star jersey.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Wish they could just use the darn North Stars logo. Kind of defeats the purpose of using the colors….

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

NHL will do anything to raise money.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just stupid. We are not the north stars any more. We sold them. Give it up. Build a better franchise and make your own logo.

And I loved the stars and have tons of north stars stuff. But having the wild do it like this is a shame

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

How is it retro for the wild ? They were not the stars. And wont ever be them. Different team different franchise.

Slipbob nick

Not a fan of it just salt in the wound. No need to bring up the stars moving. Screw Norm Green.

Ripjiggen

Dutch maybe this should have been your controversial topic. lol
    Guys they are retro jerseys the whole league has them. Colorado has the old Nordiques logo in the Colorado colors.
    They are fine I actually like the colors compared to the Christmas colors they currently wear. Should have added a little black to them. Hands down best retro Jersey is the L.A. Kings
    And yes they are to generate money and interes. The NHL is going to need it this year. They will be lucky to have a season.

Attachments:
    1. 15BE107A-EC33-414F-8EAB-AF544FF8639D.png

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

How is it retro for the wild ? They were not the stars. And wont ever be them. Different team different franchise.

I agree. I don’t like them at all. Reminds me of the green & gold neighbors. roll

ThunderLund78

Best they could do, I guess. The Wild are an original team and while we’ve added some sweaters over the last 20 years, the logo and colors are basically the same as they were in 2000. Not much material for them to work with.

But yeah, Norm Green shall never be forgiven. I may be biased, but I always thought the North Stars were the best Logo/Jersey/Color Combos in all of pro sports.

RT
    Twin Cities

What is a “Wild”? What exactly is the “wild” logo?

The new colors look great, but it’s missing one big detail. That detail is throwing away the cat face with pizza slices logo and replacing it with an N. The team name should be NORTH STARS.

I get it that there’s the Dallas Stars, but MLB has Red Sox and White Sox so what’s the issue with the NHL having a Stars and a NORTH STARS team name? Maybe the NORTH STARS can bring back some grit.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

I agree. I don’t like them at all. Reminds me of the green & gold neighbors. roll

NDSU Bison? lol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Dutchboy is right. I can assure you that people will buy them whether you think they look good or not. And since the Wild/NHL is a business, generating more revenue is a goal.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Jerseys are big money for all sports teams. They keep rolling them out and people keep buying. BTW it’s no accident that this happened just before Christmas.

RT when Green ran from Minnesota he took the rights to the name and logo with him. No matter what we wanted to do unless he would have sold the rights back to the new owners there was nothing they could do.

Best thing to do now is not buy this ridiculous color combo and then it will be gone forever.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

What is a “Wild”? What exactly is the “wild” logo?

Google >>> ManBearPig tongue

-J.

Ripjiggen

Already got mine coming in the mail. Going to wear it to the first home game er um I mean wear it in the basement in 2022.

RT
    Twin Cities

Jerseys are big money for all sports teams. They keep rolling them out and people keep buying. BTW it’s no accident that this happened just before Christmas.

RT when Green ran from Minnesota he took the rights to the name and logo with him. No matter what we wanted to do unless he would have sold the rights back to the new owners there was nothing they could do.

Best thing to do now is not buy this ridiculous color combo and then it will be gone forever.

Anything can be had for a price. Bring/buy back the N logo and North Stars name. The revenue from jersey and merchandise sales would be through the roof.

CaptainMusky

Just stupid. We are not the north stars any more. We sold them. Give it up. Build a better franchise and make your own logo.

And I loved the stars and have tons of north stars stuff. But having the wild do it like this is a shame

Agreed on both accounts. I was a North Stars fan and I am a Wild fan. While I wish the North Stars never left, that era is over. This team has its own identity and just keep forging ahead with it. Now, I dont necessarily mind the colors replicating the North Stars jerseys of yesteryear, I hate that manbearpig logo on it. Use an M or print Minnesota on it instead. My current favorite jerseys are the dark green ones with Minnesota across them vs that ugly logo.

CaptainMusky

Dutch maybe this should have been your controversial topic. lol
    Guys they are retro jerseys the whole league has them. Colorado has the old Nordiques logo in the Colorado colors.

The difference there is the franchise moved from Quebec to Colorado same as Carolina incorporating the Whalers into their retro design. The Wild have no history with the North Stars, they dont play in the same city, arena or anything so they shouldnt draw any correlation to that franchise. It would have been more appropriate to incorporate a Fighting Saints logo in the retro design since both teams at least played on the same location.

Ripjiggen

Then don’t have a north stars alumni game during the Minnesota Wild stadium series. The team themselves seam to embrace the history of the North Stars. It’s a part of Minnesota hockey in the NHL.
    If they ever get to play and wear them just squint with your eyes and pretend it’s the North Stars. lol
    They couldn’t incorporate the saints because to many people would boycott that the jersey and logo are way better than the current one.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Just another reminder that somewhere out there in Texass, somebody is driving a stolen hockey team.

Minnesota got screwed by the NHL by allowing Dallas to keep any part of the name. Winnepeg got thier name back. Quebec will get their name back. MN never will.

Norm Green Still Sucks!

Grouse

ThunderLund78

And I just looked up the Dallas Stars Retro Jersey and it pays no homage to the classic North Stars look. More like the early 90’s final North Star jerseys as for as the logo goes. Lame. Some teams like the Avalanche did some justice to the former team identity. Very Nordique!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Then don’t have a north stars alumni game during the Minnesota Wild stadium series. The team themselves seam to embrace the history of the North Stars. It’s a part of Minnesota hockey in the NHL.
    If they ever get to play and wear them just squint with your eyes and pretend it’s the North Stars. lol
    They couldn’t incorporate the saints because to many people would boycott that the jersey and logo are way better than the current one.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ticket sales. People would pay to see Broten, Dino, ect. The stadium series are just another thing that started cool and turned into a money grab.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ticket sales. People would pay to see Broten, Dino, ect. The stadium series are just another thing that started cool and turned into a money grab.

Wait what? So people didn’t want to pay To see Wes Walz Jim Dowd and Filip Kuba lol

Doug M
    SE SD

Why can’t they wear jerseys like this?

Attachments:
    1. s-l400.jpg

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Why can’t they wear jerseys like this?

Please tell me that a) that t-shirt is real and b) where can I get one?

Grouse

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.