Resort or Lake to check out in the GR area

• tim hurley

I like to fish, the wife likes other stuff (movies, mini golf, shopping etc,) we are looking at GR. Would like to be no more than 30 miles from town unless the fishing is great. I fish for pannies, Walters, bass, anything. Poke’ may be a bit too busy, but we are open to ideas. Thanks

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Pokegamma has a lot of realestate to it so I wouldn’t think it would get too busy.
    Winni is about 30 miles up the road or so.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Eagle nest lodge on cutfoot/winnie. Not too far from GR, bemidji too.

Can catch any of those species right in cutfoot if the wind is blowing. And if the wind is blowing, you will crush walleyes on the big lake if you’re willing to deal with the waves.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Not sure on a resort, but there area a lot of good smaller lakes just north of GR. We have a place on Big Sandy. One day last summer the wife and I drove to Grand Rapids for a little shopping and to check out the local breweries. She was impressed. I’d look through the DNR Lakefinder if you plan to fish the area.

tim hurley

Keep the ideas comming, have always wanted to fish Cutfoot, if anyone knows a VRBO that they have had luck with let me know.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

just google itasca county resorts…..there’s plenty. sand lake has a few and bowstring has at least 3-4.

not much for the wife’s shopping fix though there!!!

tim hurley

So much stuff online, not looking for a list but a recommendation, that said what do I trust? This site: boats, batteries, tires, lakes, jewelry for the wife? ok maybe not that one grin
    Also we do not need or neccesarily want a resort, a great VRBO on a lake with some solid fishing would be awesome. BTW if you are thinking about getting a place for some summer fun and you think I am doing this way early, nope. Get on it, IMO

tim hurley

I like to tell myself I have a nice big boat then I go to a lake like Winne….
    Thanks for the tip though.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I like to tell myself I have a nice big boat then I go to a lake like Winne….
    Thanks for the tip though.

good luck Tim finding a place!!!! waytogo plenty of resorts but iffin your looking for one of them VRBO’s not sure what kind of luck your gonna have there???? i’ve been going up to that area for a long time and never noticed an advertisements for them.

but thats me………i tend to get to the cabin and stay put. i’m not much of a socail butterfly up there…….i can do that here around home!!!!

tim hurley

Right?! Lots of lakes and cabins up there but no one wants to give up a day of it, what does that say? A resort might work too we will see.

tim hurley

Boy stuff is really booked already, going to have to expand my search-might even look at Cheeseland!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Have you checked VRBO or AirBnB? A quick search looked like there are options in the area. Being flexible on timing would help no doubt.

tim hurley

Thanks Joe, only VRBO, I’ll try Air too

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.