Researching For New Boat .. Few questions for warrior boat owners

• Greg L

I am interested in the 208. I noticed that Warrior doesn’t fully carpet there interior decks. I’m wondering how does the unprotected gelcoat floors stand up to abuse?

With carpet if someone gets on your boat and their shoe tread has some pebbles or dirt then it really doesn’t do anything (if they don’t step on your gunnel of course) but if that happens and you don’t have carpet down on the bow or cockpit area, isn’t that gonna really damage the gelcoat?

Would love to hear from warrior boat owners how this held up for you.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m not a Warrior owner so I can’t answer your question. You could add snaps and snap in carpet if you were concerned but wanted the boat. My Skeeter has snap in carpet and just the fiberglass underneath.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

The fiberglass has a non-slip pattern. The floor is made to walk on and will stand up just fine. For the gunnels, you can put a clear 3M protectant on or an adhesive grip tape material if it’s a place you would like to step on. The 208 is a great boat. What other questions do you have?

Greg L

Hey Guys, thanks for answering my question )

I really just started looking at warriors.. I guess right now, the only other question I have is if the side rod lockers can fit trolling reels? In the video it doesn’t look like there is much width to them.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Greg….
    Not sure where you are located, but we have all models of warriors on hand here at Warrior Boat Center (aka Skeeter Boat Center). Locations in Ramsey MN or Chippewa Falls Wi.

In regards to the trolling reels on the side rod lockers….yes they fit with room to spare. Had the chance to go to the Warrior Dealer meeting last August on Lake of the Woods and we trolled, was able to fit several trolling rods in the side rod locker. If you stagger the depth of these rods you can fit plenty in the side gunnel storage for quick easy access.

Any other questions please feel free to ask!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

We order all of our Warrior models with snap in carpet for cockpit area. I have yet to see any Warrior owners actually use it though. My first year with the 208 showed very little wear n tear on the uncovered floors.
    By far the best floor finish I have fished out of. I can also say after looking at 2 5 year old trade ins, their condition has held up very good !

Considering there are 5 locations to store rods, I have yet to see better or more options for rod storage in any deep V boat.

Greg L

Thanks Guys, I am far from SBC, but if we end up going with Skeeter or Warrior it will be from SBC. I’ve never heard people give such good reviews of a dealer in my area, that SBC gets.

I will be coming for test drives, but will wait till we have a place to put her, which is going up this year! I don’t want to ask for test drive unless I’m ready to buy and that will be next season.

If you guys have a V208 with the tall windshield in the showroom can you measure the height on the trailer.

Thanks

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Just measured from shop floor to height of the windshield is 84″….tight squeeze on a 7′ garage door. Ideally if you are building a garage is go with 8′ doors.

Greg L

Thanks Calvin! I was hoping either the Skeeter Wx2190 or Warrior v208 would fit in an 8′ door )

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

The new texture on the Warrior floors is a really good design. It’s very grippy and offers great traction without being hard on your feet or knees. It’s super durable too, you’d really have to be trying in order to scuff it so badly that it would be plainly visible. A little bit of sand or dirt on your shoes is nothing. I love the Desert Sand color for the interiors, it really stays clean looking, it doesn’t show the sand, dirt, worms, fish slime and blood lol, and it stays cool in the sun. When the trip is over, just get it wet, give the sticky spots a quick brush with a broom, and hose it out. In no time at all it’s completely clean and looks like new. I love it.

I have the snap in carpet and I never use it. I think I put it in one time for added comfort for little kids when we were just doing a day of family boating and cruising with relatives.

Greg L

Thanks for the info Waxy! I was going to ask if the floor gets hot, in the summer sun.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

The new texture on the Warrior floors is a really good design. It’s very grippy and offers great traction without being hard on your feet or knees. It’s super durable too, you’d really have to be trying in order to scuff it so badly that it would be plainly visible. A little bit of sand or dirt on your shoes is nothing. I love the Desert Sand color for the interiors, it really stays clean looking, it doesn’t show the sand, dirt, worms, fish slime and blood lol, and it stays cool in the sun. When the trip is over, just get it wet, give the sticky spots a quick brush with a broom, and hose it out. In no time at all it’s completely clean and looks like new. I love it.

I have the snap in carpet and I never use it. I think I put it in one time for added comfort for little kids when we were just doing a day of family boating and cruising with relatives.

Thumbs up & couldn’t agree more!

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Here is a picture of Robert Cardenas’ boat with trolling rods in a V208. Looks like it holds enough rods to me. I love the warriors rod storage and I don’t even own one.

Attachments:
    1. 18620432_1312795038758499_5441296763883079327_n.jpg

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.