replacement treble hooks

• grizzly
    nebraska

what brand treble hooks everyone using on ur lures when you have to replace them? thanks in advance

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Gamagatsu and vmc. Prefer the gamis over vmc. But both are great

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Gamagatsu and vmc. Prefer the gamis over vmc. But both are great

x2

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Gammi or VMC but you need to be careful with the weight. I know it sure seems null but changing the hooks weight, size or even length will make the lure run different. It does not take much to take away or add wobble.
    Check lure action.

BrianF

In addition to Gami’s and VMC, BKK spearpoints and Hayabusa also make excellent replacement trebles.

mojogunter

I run mostly VMC because I get a discount on them. I have been happy with them. They seem to be stronger than the factory hooks on Rapala and Berkley crankbaits.

Riverrat

Doesn’t Rapala run VMC hooks? Mustad makes a good treble hook, but the gami’s are better and cheaper.

mojogunter

Rapala owns VMC. The two lures I checked (shad raps) both have VMC hooks, but different types. It could be that my replacements from VMC are not the same treble type as the original, or if I tend to buy larger by accident is the reason they seem stronger. That or it is all in my head.

Doesn’t Rapala run VMC hooks? Mustad makes a good treble hook, but the gami’s are better and cheaper.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

whatever brand Runnings carries!!!!!!

Karry Kyllo

The Berkley Fusion 19 hooks are really good hooks as well.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I know it sure seems null but changing the hooks weight, size or even length will make the lure run different.

I have found this to be the most significant issue when dealing with jerk baits that need neutral buoyancy. The slightest change in hook weight can make a substantial difference. I don’t personally care for rapala stock hooks, they are thin wire and often bend. A quality lure should have quality trebles right out of the box.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.