Replacement tail gate for Ford F150 – ideas?

• shockers
    Rochester

Any suggestions on finding a replacement tail gate for a 2011 Ford F150 XL (white). Had a slight ‘mishap’ with a boat trailer.

Salvage/used is fine. I live in Rochester. I called a couple local salvage places with no luck. I’m in the Cities sometimes, so if anyone has a good suggestion in the Twin Cities etc., I may try that.

Thanks

milemark_714

Check with outfits that install utility toppers on trucks,Oxford white should be an easy find.They may still have one laying around of that age.

munchy
    NULL

There are a few places in the Rosemount Farmington area.

U Pull R Parts
    AAA Auto Salvage
    LKQ

U Pull is exactly as the name suggests. Bring tools. If you call they can tell you if a vehicle is in the yard but don’t know condition or parts remaining.

AAA is right next door to U Pull, they do the work for you and can get most anything from their network.

LKQ is about the same as AAA just south about 10 miles.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Car-part.com is a really good site for checking salvage yards, you will find hundreds on there.

404 ERROR
    MN

Car-part.com. U-pull won’t have one and AAA will be over $800…ask me how I know… doah

cheers

I bought an air gate for mine and it served my purpose. Was way cheaper than a real tail gate and is more useful for fastening things in the back of the truck. Supposedly I get better gas mileage also . I bought on line but don’t recall details.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.