***Reno advise***

• Ross Gunderson

Hello gents,

I will be heading up to Reno later this month for a family get together and will hopefully get out in the boat some (2 kids under 2 years old). Wondering what type of presentations are working this time of year on the lake? Looks like primarily a walleye lake. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, be it reply or Private message.

Thanks in advance

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Reno Nevada, California, Pennsylvania or Canada?

Ross Gunderson

HAHAHA I thought I posted this in the Alexandria lakes forum!! It is for Reno lake by Alex.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Oh! I bet “Lake Reno is a lake in the U.S. state of Minnesota. Lake Reno was named for Jesse L. Reno, an American military general during the Mexican–American War, and the American Civil War.”

If it was Nevada I could help. Sorry.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

You did, I didn’t look. toast

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I checked with a friend. He hasn’t heard much about that lake.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Well Reno can be a great walleye lake at times. It’s also a premier panfish lake with 10″ gills and crappies averaging over 12″.

For walleye I would troll crank baits shallow. Spinners in deeper water have also been working.

Good luck and have fun! It’s a fun lake to fish.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Somebody had to throw that out.

Grouse

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Always split Aces & 8s!

deertracker

I have a friend that was just throwing spinner baits shallow for Northern and picked up a few nice eyes. Shallow like 6 feet or less.
    DT

tornadochaser

Crawler/spinner bite should still be good, and the transition to crankbaits either trolling day/evening/afterdark or casting in the evenings shallow should be picking up as well. Same patterns will work a little farther south on Minnewaska as well.

Ross Gunderson

Thanks for the help guys!! Sounds like a lot of different types of presentations. Hopefully we can get some cool weather the next couple weeks! On the trolling raps, is anyone doing this during the day if a chop or strictly after dark?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Just make sure you don’t break any laws, I heard Officer Dangle is one mean cop!

Attachments:
    1. Dangle.gif

zachary Wietzema

i would either take shallow crank baits and troll them right next to the tulies or take spinners and go 17-20 foot of water. have been fisning the lake for 15 years and the fish bite a little different every year. i know trolling shallow was what was working earlier this year. i caught a 25 incher throwing an underspin with a paddletail. you really just have to play it by ear.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.