Remanufactured Minn-Kota

• matt

Dont waste your time or money on one as I did.Purchased a 55lb traxxis from Actions in anoka April 2016.Used it a couple times and could tell the prop shaft was noticably bent.Return it to Actions and he repairs it,still bent but way better than before.I should have demanded a different motor rite then and there but didnt,my mistake.So it Works ok over the summer 2016 but handle starts to act up not wanting to turn off and on.October comes along and outboard dies so done fishing for year,figure I will deal with it in spring.March of 2017 rolls in and the prop wont spin its frozen solid-water in motor,bring it back to actions he replaces motor under warranty and says the handle is fine no issues..O.k should be good now then.So I use it,handle still acts up turns off and on at its own free will and makes terrible sounds after running it.Didnt bring it in thinking it could get me by until opener,yeah rite.Opener comes along and handle falls rite off,its still loud,and runs on its own at will,wont turn on,off ect.So now its useless.Back to Actions,he gives me used handle says no water is in the motor.Ok cool so I put handle on and same issues occur.Back to Actions,he cant find anything wrong with it he says,maybe its the handle will order you a new one.So another handle,same problems.Another trip there and this time maybe its the prop so he gives me a different prop,same problems.So now Ive had enough this thing has got to be the biggest pile of junk ever and email,contact minn kota-I can ship it there for possible reduced price repair,really?So before I threw it in the lake I took it off the boat and let it sit.With fall coming Im gonna need it so back to Actions guess what?water in the motor again..Minn kota will cover parts but not labor.So I have a 320$motor for a little over a year that has worked correctly for about two months total if that and have been back and forth to the repair shop too many times to keep track of and now another 90$ for the labor and im told its a new motor now.Should have been a new motor back in March when the motor was replaced,or May when the handle fell off.Add in the cost of my time and the tank of fuel+ for trips to the non repair place and I may have a rebuilt 500$+ traxxis.Im done with it,another 90$ isnt worth it for the quality of work I have allready recieved on a product that was trouble from the get go.And who knows how long that will last since the other motor repair lasted a month if that.Dont try and save a few bucks like I did and Id suggest a different repair shop if you do.

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

That’s too bad. I had some work done at actions a few years back. Was very happy with the service and a good price. Sounds like you got a bad egg.

matt

Id say so.He seems like a decent guy but hasnt gotten it repaired.Its supposedly repaired now,not sure if I believe it and dont want to drop another hund.to find out.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Sounds to me like practically the whole thing has been replaced. Not sure what else is left in a trolling motor.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I’ve bought 3 different refurbished units from Jack over the years. Never had a problem. And Jack has always done what he could when I did have issues with other motors or Lowrance units. Good egg, that one.

matt

The whole thing has been repaired twice now supposedly with the last repair not even lasting a couple of weeks.I question whether it was even repaired when I brought it in frozen solid because It still never worked rite after that.Then the handle that was supposedly just fine falls rite off.Obviously it wasnt fine.So was it even looked at much less repaired?No way for me to know with certainty,however when its the same as when I brought it in common sense would say it was never even repaired.Heck One day I went in and was told it was the wires I had lengthend,they may look good but not to him.So i ran it without them,and same results.Glad some have had good luck.I will never go back or suggest to anyone to go there.I got burned tryin to save a few bucks bad choice on my part.

matt

On its 3rd lower,2nd handle,and today I find out it needs a new control board as well.All of it in the last five months.Hasnt worked correctly in 4 months and before that it was in the garage from oct to april.I was also told today its my fault beacuse I beat the snot out of it..Well the p.o.s hasnt worked long enough for me to even have that chance.Id say overall its had a pretty easy life in the garage or back seat of my truck on its numerous rides back and forth to Actions.Unreal

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.