Relocating to Alexandria

• mnwalleyehunter

My wife and family (9, 5, and 3 year olds) are relocating to Alexandria. We know basically nothing about the town, except everyone we talk to says it is very nice and a great school system. Any IDOers have anything they can tell us about the town? We are looking for a house (4+ bedroom) so if you know of one of those for sale, that would be great as well.

Thanks in advance!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Alex is a wonderful town. When I was growing up in tiny Cyrus, about 40-some miles away, that was the “big city. A terrific town with great schools and wonderful access to lakes of all sizes. You will love it.

Even the local law enforcement officers are tame as long as you feed them pizza from Old World Pizza in St. Paul.

Grouse

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Alex is a wonderful town.

Alex, or Alec? This is a subject of much debate between my wife and I. I grew up in Sartell, and we knew it as Alex. She grew up in the metropolis of Belgrade, and she insists that it’s Alec.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I grew up fishing the Alexandria area and moved here in 2000. Its been an amazing 17 years. I’m very bias but to me it’s a quieter version of Brainerd. As you mentioned Alexandria has a great school district. It also has most anything you need shopping wise and some great restaurants.

Being close to the interstate, it’s only 2hrs to the twin cities when I need my fill of city life. Which ironically only takes a couple hours as well. grin

Oh I forgot to mention the fishing isn’t half bad either!
    Alexandria Fishing Reports

Attachments:
    1. Sunrise-1.jpg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Agreed with the above! Great area, awesome (often overlooked) lakes, some really cool restaurants and history. Good schools and athletics (second only to Sartell in the ol CLC…)! @Ralph may still be bitter about their football team tho…oh and your wife being from Belgrade would explain why she can’t read it correctly, it’s Alex! rotflol

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Oh and I’m sure the kids will become very familiar with the water park at Arrowwood!

zooks

Alex, or Alec? This is a subject of much debate between my wife and I. I grew up in Sartell, and we knew it as Alex. She grew up in the metropolis of Belgrade, and she insists that it’s Alec.

I grew up in Ortonville, everyone I know from Nassau through Beardsley calls it “Alec”. Don’t know why and it’s always driven me nuts.

And to the OP, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it there. Terrific area and great fishing.

deertracker

He can start calling it Alec after he moves here. But for right now it is Alex to him. That’s how we identify the tourists….
    DT

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.