Refillable Propane Cylinders

• iceager01
    Redwood County/Scott County

Just a heads up if anyone is looking for some of these, the local farm and fleet has them.
    Run****s ……..
    There’s about two dozen left…I think you can order them online too…

James Almquist

They are $15.12 at Menards. If they are not in stock you can order them to be picked up at your store. Seems like the 1lb tanks are never in stock but the kits are there most of the time. These are the Flame King brand.

deertracker

Menards website says their vendor is unable to stock them. Won’t allow an order to be placed.
    DT

James Almquist

Menards website says their vendor is unable to stock them. Won’t allow an order to be placed.
    DT

That sucks!! I ordered mine about a year ago. Picked up 6 and a kit.

Coletrain27

luckily i saw 6 of them sitting on the shelf at my local menards last year. every time i would go there i would walk down that aisle and got lucky one day

gonehunting

I placed an order online even though they said out of stock …Runn..gs. No word yet that they weren’t available to ship. I also just stopped in store and they had 8. I picked up four. $18 which seems high but…

Gitchi Gummi

how many 1 pounders do you guys bring for a day of fishing out of curiosity? if you bring more than 1, why not just get a 5 LB tank and use that? If you are bringing more than one 1LBer, the space taken up isn’t that much different than a 5 LBer and you get way more run time.

3Rivers

Even at $18 I think it’s a great deal.

For my Eskimo 650 I bring a big buddy and 6 tanks for a 6hr trip. I usually only end up using 2-4 which leaves about 2 full spares. A 5lb tank would work fine, but then guess what…. I have to stop at a filling station every stinkin trip. That’s not convenient at all. Instead I have 2 full 20lbers at home and I can go nearly all season without going to a filling station.

Gitchi Gummi

I guess that makes sense when you put it like that. 6 tanks takes up quite a bit of unnecessary room tho… Probably more room than bringing my 10 LBer.

For me, the bait shop fills my 5 LBer for under $5, so I get bait and propane in the same stop. Also, I usually get 2 outings out of my 5 LBer.

Coletrain27

I also use mine for torches and grills all year long at home and camping and I have 3 #30 tanks for my wheelhouse so they are easy to fill off them.

tswoboda

A 5lb tank would work fine, but then guess what…. I have to stop at a filling station every stinkin trip.

Or you can fill the 5 lber off a 20 lber at home just like you are filling the six 1 lbers right now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.