9/11/03 Lockport Trip

• smoothy
    Marshalltown, Iowa

——————————————————————————–
    Well, my friend john and I just got back from Cats on the Red. The piggys had the feedbag on. We fished hard but we caught about 1000lbs of fish in 2 days. the biggest was 24lbs and the smallest was in the low teens.
    What a great trip.
    The water temps were in the mid to low 60s. We caught fish below the dam and in the first 3 miles of river.
    I am already anxious for next season.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Great pic smoothy Thanks for posting, I see this is your first post, welcome to In-Depth Angling the best fishin site on the web Be sure to vist often, I look forward to seeing more pics from you!

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Isn’t that the best place to catch large channels? I am glad you did not listen to me and hold off on your trip. That’s the difference a couple of weeks can make as over Labor Day weekend no one was catching many cats up there. But I have heard lately that the bite was back on. And you have the pictures to prove it.

The catfish bite will not last long up there now as they usually shut off as soon as the water temp drops into the low 50’s, then the ugly green fish start showing up in #’s and size.

Glad you had a great trip!

Dennis

backwater eddy
    Red River of the North USA and Canada

Canuck and crew have done well the past few days. They boated 136 just the other day, tulibee cuts and kermits were on the kitty’s menu.

Some real sumo piggy class Kitty’s showing up this weekend. They must feel the chill in the wind and strapped on the bib?

I do agree, it will slow quickly soon. Fewer in numbers but I have seen big cats caught as late as the end of October up North.

Come October, you can catch ugly green fish and Purdy Kitty’s at the same time.

smoothy
    Marshalltown, Iowa

Call me crazy but I’ll take the Purdy Kittys when given the choice.

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

I vote for those “smooth” purdy kittys also!

Here is a “purdy” 12 pounder.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.