need your help

• smokey420
    kendall,wi.

i,d like 2 plan a trip 2 the red river 4 catfish.would like 2 no where a good camping area is as well as fishing.any advice would be nice

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hi Smokey,

What area of the Red are you planning on fishing? There are a few campgrounds along the Red. If you are planning on fishing in the next few weeks, I would stay above the dams if you are driving a prop driven boat unless we get some rain that raises the river. There are dams in Fargo, Grand Forks and Drayton. All of these towns have campgrounds. Grands Forks would be my choice of the three.

Good Luck, you should have a good chance at getting a fish like the one in the picture below.

Dennis

smokey420
    kendall,wi.

i don’t no anything about that area at all.all i no is you got big channels.are any campgrounds on the water?you tell me where to begin?

Chitwood46
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

OMG she has big hands, she could likely palm an NBA basketball?

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Smokey,
    There are campgrounds on the water in a few places along the Red. If you plan on coming up this way this fall, all I would consider is areas above dams. There are two campgrounds above dams that I know of, one is Fargo and the other is Drayton. Drayton has alot more river than the Fargo area but either place you should have a good shot at a fish in the 10-20 lb range.

Good luck,

Dennis

PS – Chitwood the fish in the post above is 14 lbs caught by Carla from KS. She is holding it out in front of her but not that far. If you think I can digitaly fix these pictures, I will let you know that I am not that smart. I have a tough enough time just trying to resize them to fit into these posts.

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Hey Chit,
    Do you have really small hands? Or what…
    Sorry dude, but don’t have hand envy..
    And for the record I can palm a VW Bug…
    And Shaq asks to borrow my B-ball shoes when he is in town.
    See ya ,
    Bowfinhunter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.