Any Channel Action Yet?

• audemp
    Wi

So has anyone been pullin any channels out of the Red yet? The water has to be open by now, right?

Let us know any reports!

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Yes,the water is open but there is still alot of logs and other things floating down the river. The Red Lake River is still full of ice and can break out at any time. I have never seen a spring like this. The Red Lake river is one big is jam for miles and miles and when that ice decides to break lose I do not want to be on the river. When it does come lose I will be one of the first on the rive and the reports will start coming more often. Just waiting for a safe river.

audemp
    Wi

Landscats, Are you coming up to the sturgeon excursion?

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Not going to make it this year. Things just didn’t work out for me. The river is now fishable and I’ll be working on the boat this weekend weather permiting. Reports of one cat catches are coming in right now. With the water temps going up the catch rates and size will start to ballon to great sizes and numbers. Just can’t wait for those days. Give it three weeks and the Red will be spitting out monster cats.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

OK first report of the year. Four hours of fishing three small cats caught well jigging for spring Walleyes. There were big cats busting on the surface so it won’t be long until the big gals start feeding. OH boy I can’t wait, its going to be another great spring.

riverrunt75
    Cold Spring

The channels are going nuts here on the H.S. chain. It should be happing soon for you!

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

I’m really hopen this weekend they will start. They had alot of rain South of here and the water has gone up about three feet. Time will tell but its getting close

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

OK got the honey do list finished this last weekend and its time to fish. Going to be maken sinkers this evening and plan on hitting the river either Tuesday or Wed night. The water is starting to fall and the water temps are also on the raise. This will only help the fishing with the warmer water so the reports will be coming soon on the spring bite on the great Red River.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.