Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Kent, IN the state of North Dakota!

Pretty nice!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Who is he briank, is he a friend of yours? Nice channel too

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

So I see you found one of the other web sites that I visit. That is the biggest cat I have caught to date 38 1/2″ 30lbs. Only wish I could have caught it one week sooner during the Cat Tournament, she would have made me Thousand bucks. Hey Brink eye’s are hitting, wnet out today with my son and it was cold cold cold. Just might be the last boat on the river this year.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Mossy…although Kent and I haven’t meet…yet. Yes, I do consider him a friend. Kent guides for cat’s (mostly) on the Great Red River of the North.

I thought the image was kewl Kent…the ONLY guide in ND! I didn’t even notice the fish! A channel pushing 40? What dreams are made of!

Rumors are rumbling down this way that the “greenback” bite is going strong up there. The great unknown and under used eye fishery of the Red….

I hate to admit it, but I was out with Don Hanson today…noted walleye fisherman…and he taught me how to jig…’ell I thought it was a dance. Boated 28 of them things AND he wouldn’t let me keep any for bait! Some people are strange that way….

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

We were out the last couple of days catching those eyes. We caught a 6lber Fri night but nothing in the snow Sat. The week before a boat caught 5 over 5 lbs a 5,7,8 9, and a 12-6 to top it off. I’m still in the market for a boat for next year, I’m looking for a 1750 fishhawk with a four stroke motor. Anyone know of any boats for sale.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sounds like good fishing! Glad you didn’t post pictures here!

Might want to post your request in the classifieds…

Get a boat that’s nice and comfortable for me…

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

I thought it would be easy to find a boat in the fall but its tougher then I thought. Don’t worry if youo make it up this way I’m sure I can drag out the 10 footer and a little 5hp kicker to get on the red.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’ll be talking with ol’Catten Addict…if he remembers how to catch a channel..Well see if we can get his River Pro up there…

That should work on the Red shouldn’t it? I mean, there’s enough water to run it…right?

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

no stinkin way, I am not gonna risk my lower unit fishing the ol red river when we do make it up that way, we will have to stop by denise’s place and see if we can get him out fishing for a night, play some 80’s classics and I will watch you two dance the night away….

CA

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Cattin if you and brink make it up this way I’m sure my son will show you how to fish. Here is just one fish he has beat and there are many others including a 22 pounder. He just loves Silkerk. He’ll last just as long and any other fisherman and loves fishing as much as I. And I love him for that. He is my life and I won’t go fishing without him if at all possible.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

He is my life and I won’t go fishing without him

…and that’s the way it should be…but I do have one little question…

Why did he let you have your picture in ND?

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

It wasn’t up to me someone asked me for that picture, so there. So how many days until we can get back on the river.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

May 1st is only 6 months and 12 days away….<sigh>

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Whats important with May 1st anyway.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

So how many days until we can get back on the river.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Briank, I got a boat, a 96 fishhawk with a 90 on it. Super super shape. Was very well taking care of. Just can’t wait to give it a go.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Alright! A christening on the Rainy River? Never stay dry that long! She’ll be floating in the Red come the first of April…If I was a betting man!

Congrats!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.