Red River has kicked it up a knotch

• landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Just a little report of what is going on on the Red River at this time. The big gal are biting. Went out yesterday and we put 13 cats in the boat all between 10.11lbs and 20.14lbs. We had one triple and one double. It was a blast, oh got to run I’m going down again right now I’ll let you know how this afternoon pans out. Pictures to come.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Waiting for the pictures!!

……er…they aren’t of those…um…golden eye’s I hope!

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Pictures I have to wait for the person to email me them. We only had one camera and it was his. Anyway went out again for two hours today with my son and I asked him if he wants first fish or second. He said first incase we only catch one. Well he pulls in a 16.40 pounder 32inches and turns and says beat that. About half hour goes by and my clicker starts screaming I grab the rod and set the hook. Rod doesn’t move it just goes back towards the fish. After a long battle my son nets a 38″ 28.03 lb fish. We had to stop fishing after that due to the raising water. River went up three feet over night and went up 4″ in those two hrs we fished, any more and loading the boat would get even harder.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Hey Briank here she is.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Holy Mother of Catfish! That thing is U-G-L-Y!!

Dang nice looking fish though!

Were you using them…eye’s for bait…er Goldeneyes?

That was worth waiting for Lands!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Forgive my ignorance, but does the Red have any Flats. The channels are infamous, but never here anything about flats.

Awesome fish, much better looking than the flats Brian is always showing off!!

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

No Flats in the Red. Sometimes wish there was but then maybe the Channels won’t be as good as they are.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Was out again today, we caught four eater size cats along with three cats over 14 pounds. We lost one at the boat that would have been pushing twenty pounds.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sounds like things are getting back to normal….anychance of Lockport?

I’ll buy you a beer…or…coke or something…

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Sorry briank I won’t be able to make it. I’m catching the same fish right here right now but it sounds like fun. I’m sure you’ll have a great time. Maybe we should plan a trip next summer. The water is up about five fet right now and we are able to use only one of the two ramps in town. We out tonight and laned 3 over 14lbs and about 4 or 5 smaller fish.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.