REGULATION CHANGE?

• icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Should ND and MN join Manitoba with regulation that states all catfish over 24″ be returned to the water. ND and MN already have some strict regulations reguarding this with allowing only one fish over 24″ be taken. A 24″ fish is only about 5 lbs.

I would be in favor of this change as I hate to see these monsters of the Red be killed just to be eaten. 24″ may be a little small though as I consider a “big” fish 30″ or more.

I have never taken a fish longer than 24″ myself but some of my clients have. I always leave that choice up to them as they have caught the fish.

Let me know what you think of this as this regulation would not be hard to get changed right now.

Good Cattin!

Dennis

backwater eddy
    Red River of the North USA and Canada

I am for new regulations on slots for the Red River.

The slot for channel catfish should be no harvest larger then 26″, but 24″ would be fine with me too.

I would like to see the 1 over 28″ walleye dropped from the spring conservation season too. Plus add a 1 over 28” only slot for walleye all year long on the whole system.

To promote and protect the future of this fishery and its unique trophy potential we must protect them at their most vulnerable times, in my opinion.

Ed Carlson

Backwater Guiding
    “ED on the RED”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.