May 18th report

• landscats
    North Dakota, USA

I missed a great bite. We had planed on meeting up with my brother in law and a good friend to fish the morning bite. Well they got there before I did and just started fishing when I was getting my boat ready for the water. I had kepted it on the trailer so I could get it started and my son yells dad there gas spraying from the hose. Well my gas line had other thoughts about fishing that day and it was to early to get one so we had to wait until the stores opened. Since it was Sunday we missed the morning bite and were on the river about 1pm. We meet up with the Brother in law and they had hit it two about 15lbs on pushing 18 and some smaller ones. We did manage to land three, biggest about five pounds and yes my son caught two and I only one. Thats the way it suppose to be isn’t it.

The night before we had golf ball hail and a few twisters so we were fishing the raisen water. So all in all it was still a great day on the water. Everyday you can spend 6hrs with you son is a great day.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

So days it just doesn’t go as planned…but it sounded like you adjusted well!

Quote:

we had golf ball hail

THAT would be my he11 on earth!

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Last report until June. Went out Tuesday the 24 and landed three, 19,10, and an 8 pounder with a very large fish lost before we could see it. They were hitting the bait hard, then the cold front moved in and with the falling waters here the fishing slow down way down. But we went out again on the 25th because the river was calling us. We only caught two fish both around 5 pounds very very

But here is a picture of the fish my buddy caught. Hey look my son has no gloves

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

AND it’s a catfish…you should be proud you’re raising your son properly!

Nice fish Kent…Cold Front? That was a mess! We got up to Winnie when that came through….everyone was saying how good fishing was…then we get up there and …. “shooda been up here last week!”

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Hey landscats,
    Much better picture, keep up the good work.
    See ya

Bowfin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.