Needed: Moderator/Guide/Resort/Regular on the Red

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have to tell ya…I for one miss the cat pics that Mr Moderator Dennis (Icatch…extreamly…bigcats) was posting. I know had he or anyone else continued to post those pics, I would have been up there at least twice this summer…if not more.

There are so many “walleye” and “bass” fisherman/women out there that would love to get into any fish that weighs above 5 lbs and can’t even think of a 10 lbs fish…but don’t want to “come out of the closet”..so to speak. But they would quietly make the what? a four hour drive from Mpls/St Paul for a chance to fish for this class of a fish…

No activity on the board…not top of mind… We need some local guide service or resort…oh heck anyone with a camera…to give us some reports.

Here’s the latest from a very reliable source up there. Please remember that evenings are from 4:30 to 10 pm for channels…

“Fishing on up here has been slow ….Most days we are getting less than 20 fish with very few big ones. Once in a while we will have a good day and get a bunch. ………… only caught 6 fish the first night and 12 the second night but the third day they were here (the guests) we caught about 40 fish with 10 being over 10 lbs. We could use some heat to warm things up a bit.

* Disclaimer: These may or may not be the views of this website. I’m just a schmuck that wants to go fishing!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I sure do like to see the pix some of the fellas have coming from that area…If anyone over on the Red River would like to give some reports feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all..

Otherwise feel free to promote your Guide Service,Resort or Bait Shop in your regular fishing reports…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

You MN cat guys must have scared Dennis away!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

James…he heard that you were working on thinning us.. ….j/k

Ecnook…you allow free advertising on this site? Does anyone have $1500. for that border water navagation class that they can GIVE me? I’ll start a guide service myself up there….

I can see it know…”Briank’s Cat’s on the Red”.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Don’t kid yourself Brian…….Nobody is gonna pay you to take them on a boat ride

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Jake…after talking with Catten Addict and your post…the cost of us going fishing together has just gone up…not nessesaraly in money…

redriver79
    Hallock,MN Kittson County

I fish a lot around the 175 bridge west of hallock and i’ve had great luck Just this past monday got two nice ones..17 and 19 not bad for 2 hours of fishing

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Dave, do you fish the Red frequently?

A 17 and a 19….just checking…that wasn’t inches right?

If you have any pictures…please post them. There’s some interest in the Red from folks outside the area (like me), but no one that lives or fishes there to post them.

Thanks!

redriver79
    Hallock,MN Kittson County

I fish there usually twice a week…it’s started to pick up recently. I’ll get pics posted soon of them. If that was inches I’d be embarrassed! I’m down in white bear lake for the week and i’ve tryed my luck near ocesola on the croix from shore…not much happening

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Just back from fishing Winnie and we measured them in inches and I’m embaressed!!!!
    Looking forward to your photos!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Kent…

I thought this was timely to bring this back…to the top…

Don’t listen to the garbage on this thread (like james…scaring Dennis away ) although you did need to have a thick skin here at times…

I promise I won’t pick on the size of your hands! (I’ll explain that later)

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

I’m still waiting for an email that I send to in-depth about posting my web site here.

I’ll try posting a picture so bear with if it doesn’t trun up.

Oh and Dennis has alreay warned me about some of you guys.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT!

Would that be your mug or a customers?

PS I know Dennise didn’t warn you about me…but those other guys….

You have a PM…re IDA contact…

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Hi landCATS
    Your not one of those RE-formed Green carp (wallnot) fisherman are you?
    your a Purebred Cats only guy Right
    Well I gotta warn ya your already dealin with a infiltrater Brink
    (aka Mealyworm ) he talks like he’s a cat guy BUT watch close he play all sides, (it is rumored that he has another nickname “threeway” and not because he ties his line this way ) he’ll be on the wallnutter boards one minute then discuss the pros v. cons of seabanasty the next.
    landscats your taking up with the wrong “type” there.
    Now on to more important things
    How are Dennise and O’Joe doing I guess they got back from “GAY Paris” did they buy there Case of Chardonnay they wanted to get so badly?
    Is Dennise gonna finish his story of meeting his “life partner” Ol’ Joe Zebco or would he like me to finish telling it.
    The world wants to know,
    Well welcome aboard anyway
    See ya

Bowfin

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Bowfin…I think Kent is a reformed Carp fisherman…altough he regresses once in a while.

Landscat…I’m not sure if you are aware of what a PM (Private Message) is…If you look at the top of your screen, just to the left of the “Forums: header…you will see a flashing envelope. Click on that and it will take you to your PM page. If you figured it out already…sorry!

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Did I hear someone say carp. Let me tell you about Carp. When the cat fishing is slow, I turn to carp. There are times you can walk across the them if theres water running in a certain area. But if I showed you that spot I would have to I think you know what I mean.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Carp on a 6 weight fly rod! My favorite!

Bowfinhunter

Landscats,
    Dude you are the reel deal a true fight fan
    There are so few of us left.
    RIGHT ON
    See ya

Bowfin

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Briank, I will be posting more here this summer, as I have been asked to join the IDA team. Pretty cool if you ask me, and yes I will be posting pictures. So stay tuned God I think my coffee maker is broken this morning. It been half hr and it only half done AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Great! Let me be the first to congradulate you on becoming an IDA Field Staffer!!!! (although it’s not official yet…what the hay…formalities!

Now if I can get Catten Addict out of Fleet Farm (he’s druling over the’05 line of gloves) and get a date set…we can hook up and shake a hand!

Share all of your top seceret hot spots with me…in return I’ll keep saying how small your hands are in your photos!

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

mealy worm, you asked me to get the gloves, you said my chaffed hands are too rough for you
    have you noticed landscats dont wear no stinkin gloves either toughen up son and just lip em

Cattin_Addict

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Gloves, who needs gloves its summer. I had mine put away for months by the time I’m on soft water. That is unless you get cold easy and like to keep your hands warm. Heck even my son doesn’t use gloves. It takes the slim of them and I don’t want to hurt them.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Nice pic…was that recent?

You better be careful Lands…Red River, Cat’s, Carp…no gloves…if you state that you don’t like circle hooks…Catten Addict and Bowfinhunter are going to make you their blood brother!

You don’t have any 8 tracks of the village people do you?

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

No I do like Circles but it really depends on the bite. And as far as the village people. Lets just say Y.M.C.A which stands for You Monster Cat Addict

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Y.M.C.A which stands for You Monster Cat Addict

So you’ve met Catten Addict!?

YES! You will give those guys a run for thier money!

Ps In the pictures were CA looks like he’s not wearing gloves..he is…they had a special at Fleet Farm. They’re those surgical glove…looks like flesh…he likes the ribbed version…

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

oh man, that was funny, you realize you have opened a can there mr landscat and here I was taking it easy on you because you were the new kid in town and didnt want to harrass you off the board But I do have to give you your props, well sort of….you seem a decent cat man and arent afraid to post pic’s of the 2nd funnest fish to catch “carp” and not those green ones mealy worm targets. Last year I thought mealy worm aka briank and I were going after some flats and I looked over at him and he had this loomis rod (ugly thing) and a jig and leech with a slip bobber tied up that he started tossing and slowing bringing back to the boat, darnest thing I have seen to go cattin. to each there own i guess
    Maybe you could have that kid in the pic show mealy worm how to handle a cat without gloves

CA

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

CA? You need to get out Catten…or what ever you do with those ribbed things…

I’ll see if I can help you out today…bring your boat and your tackle to everetts and …. keep your hands to your self.

PS Lands…I always use a net when fishing with CA…bending over to lip’em is just to risky with him behind you…

( )

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

OK I get the picture.

Bowfinhunter

Hey C/A
    Jig?
    Leech?
    Slip bobber?
    Bobber?
    did you ask Mealy worm (aka Brink)
    what that stuff is
    That sounds like something the crazy wallnutter Tony D would use, maybe mealy worm knows the famous wallnutter “limp wrist” jiggin technique? what do you think?
    he does hang around with Oyster gulper (aka gater jumper/humper) after all.
    and there both soggybottomboyswithultralightrodsandforeverlimpwrists don’t
    ya know?
    See ya

Bowfin

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.