Red Lake Bass?

• brandmoney

I’ve heard a couple stories of people catching bass in Red Lake. A couple showed up in a DNR survey a while back but those were in gillnets in the middle of the lake. I doubt they do near-shore surveys out there where those bass would be located. Anybody ever heard of decent fishing for those green fish in big muddy?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Lakes only 12’ deep.

tim hurley

Greenie is pretty adaptable, if their are weeds they are probably in there. Some of my nicest fish have been caught in <6. As long as they have oxygen they are fine.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m sure there are some good ones in there. Look at Mille Lacs, they are rarely fished for because everyone is walleye fishing or going for smallies, however there are some great largemouth in Mille Lacs.

tim hurley

Talked with a pro who fished Rainey, lake is known for smallies-when they fill out they look for a largie in a bay for a bump, in some lakes they may even find a smallie bump in a warm weedy backwater, surprising right?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

i have never seen a picture of a bass that came out of UPRL in 30 years. UPRL is a shallow windswept lake that lacks hiding spots for bass. maybe some near docks and in the tamarac? i will ask Buddy Hillman next time I chat with him. if anybody knows its him but you probably have a better chance catching bass in a ditch near UPRL than in the lake.

Dave maze
    Isanti

For sure there are bass in the Tamarack. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they catch them in the main lake. I would concentrate my efforts in or near the river if I was targeting them.

Hoyt4
    NULL

We use to catch out of the channel as a kid . There is one mounted on the wall of our friends cabin that came out of Red about 50 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.