RED LAKE

• Beast

we’re suppose to go up there for a 3 day trip on the 18TH, hope we get some cold weather by then.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Not looking good

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0434.png

MNdrifter

Hear me out, what if those accesses all band together and buy an air boat or two and a couple drones. Set up their own rescue team. They wouldn’t have to get authorities involved unless lives are at risk. I do not feel any lives were at risk during this last go round, or most of the “rescues” this year. From what I understand is a crack opened up too wide to get across, but ice was thick enough to be on. 9-11” from reports I’m hearing. Many wanted to stay with their gear until conditions allowed to cross, or they found a way off. Apparently that wasn’t allowed.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

do not feel any lives were at risk during this last go round

My understanding is that four people fell in the water on Friday night. I’d say that’s pretty serious.

Ripjiggen

This four people didn’t follow the rules and get off by dark like every resort is asking. They also went where they were told not to.

Nobody fell in when the 100 people had to be pulled across the crack.

MNdrifter

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MNdrifter wrote:</div>
    do not feel any lives were at risk during this last go round

My understanding is that four people fell in the water on Friday night. I’d say that’s pretty serious.

Don’t be a Richard, obviously if people are in the water it’s serious, and warrants all means necessary for speedy rescue! All the reports I’ve heard on FB and friends that were up there that got “rescued”, nobody said anything about people in the water Friday.

Coletrain27

Don’t be a Richard, obviously if people are in the water it’s serious, and warrants all means necessary for speedy rescue! All the reports I’ve heard on FB and friends that were up there that got “rescued”, nobody said anything about people in the water Friday.

My name is not Richard but 4 people did actually fall in

Ripjiggen

Well those Richard’s obviously don’t know how to get in a canoe.

I assumed Gim was talking about the guys in the side by side a day or two prior.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I assumed Gim was talking about the guys in the side by side a day or two prior.

Yes, thank you.

Guess I didn’t even realize that there was a canoe involved in this. Regardless, falling in water that cold is serious. Wasn’t trying to be a dick here

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Roger’s has closed their access for the time being.

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

Facebook is definitely a good source for reliable information. Lolololol

mojogunter

This is a tough situation for these resorts. I think some on the south end may end up being in dire straights needing that money to the point they keep allowing people out because they have no choice in order to make payments. I feel bad for them, and god forbid someone were to die and they risk getting sued and out of business due to lawsuits. I see it now in the plowing industry now too. Not in the sense of life and death, but in the last little storm a company I am contracted through are out plowing sanding and salting even though they didn’t hit their trigger point to get some money flowing. IMO they are risking losing these customers providing a service before it hits a trigger to plow salt and shovel, mainly because they are now cash poor having to pay subs that are on a flat rate for the season rather than a per/push rate, and that money not coming in. A lot of industries are in a bad spot, and are in need of cold weather and snow. I am glad all my plowing customers but one pay a flat rate, so I am still getting paid. Last year though it didn’t work out as well with double the amount of plowing events of a normal year. I did the math, and over the last 15 years for me flat rate is the better risk for me. Either way I sure hope the cold weather gets ice safe everywhere so everyone can get back out fishing. People are wrapped up pretty tight, and it would be nice to ride a snowmobile this year at some point.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Hear me out, what if those accesses all band together and buy an air boat or two and a couple drones. Set up their own rescue team. They wouldn’t have to get authorities involved unless lives are at risk. I do not feel any lives were at risk during this last go round, or most of the “rescues” this year. From what I understand is a crack opened up too wide to get across, but ice was thick enough to be on. 9-11” from reports I’m hearing. Many wanted to stay with their gear until conditions allowed to cross, or they found a way off. Apparently that wasn’t allowed.

Agreed Drifter, and posted basically the same in the other thread.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.