Recycling can help

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

There is school that has a trailer that has a cage on it with a hatch to receive aluminum cans.
    Seems to me it’s a great way to support something. Rather than than throwing away something useful.

Coletrain27

Or you can drive to the recycling center and get paid for them too. Ours always go in the recycling dumpster for the garbage truck

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

There is 2 of those around us. I don’t have many cans around our house. Not enough to save and make a special trip so they go in the bin at home

stevenoak

I used to take loads cardboard to the recycle center. Always loved the trophy housewife. With a shoe box with 6 cans, and 4 newspapers. She drove her Lincoln Navigator 3 miles to save the environment. Ronald McDonald house collects can tabs. Always wondered how many it took to make a dollar.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Or you can drive to the recycling center and get paid for them too. Ours always go in the recycling dumpster for the garbage truck

We did this in college. Saved about a semesters worth of cans and brought them in and got enough to buy a case of beer or 2 for the house

CaptainMusky

The price for aluminum cans has really gone up. For a while it wasnt really worth bringing them in, but it sure is now. I crush all my cans that I consume, but the rest of the house doesnt. I bring them in a couple times a year. The last time I brought them in I was getting 60 cents a pound and it came to $32 there were multiple huge 50 gallon bags full of crushed cans.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i recycle adamantly…and no i’m not one of the fruitcakes to save the world.

i bring the cans in once a year….if i get enough to buy another case of beer i’m happy.

from what i’m being told, the market is over flooded with recycled plastic so there just chopping or grinding them up and ends up in the landfill. doah

i also save my tabs for the Ronald Mcdonald house. i never did hear how the house gets reimbursed, but to me its a worthy cause, i know a few people that used it. actually kinda grows on you after a while to yank the tabs………..

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Near my farm, many small rural communities have these set up. Supports mostly high school teams trap shooting, football, volleyball….so on. I have a cousin that coaches trap and he has a few businesses on board to help. Amazing how fast it adds up.

About 15 years ago I made a cylinder/piston to run off my log splitter for crushing cans. Would consolidate a 30 gallon can to about 24” x 10” cylinder. Most of the scrap yards wouldn’t accept them

munchy
    NULL

Ronald McDonald House only collects pop tabs because they are easier(less air) and more sanitary to store than entire cans.

Each location/region stores their own until they are to capacity then bring them to the recycling center for payment.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Ronald McDonald House only collects pop tabs because they are easier(less air) and more sanitary to store than entire cans.

Each location/region stores their own until they are to capacity then bring them to the recycling center for payment.

we always just give them to kids that go to a grade school. the schools that do this usually has a contest between the grades to see who can collect the most!!!

404 ERROR
    MN

I’m sending a kid through college with my Truly and White Claw cans. There’s a cage down the street I bring them to.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.