Recommendation: 80hp Mariner Motor Tune Up

• bechjl15

I have a 1982(ish) 80 hp Mariner 2-Stroke Motor that could use a tune up. I did some calling last year around the Minneapolis Metro to shops, but I was told the motor is to big or to old for them to look at. The motor is in pretty good condition for its age, but I want to make sure it can last a few more years until I can get my student debt paid off to purchase a new boat.

Any recommendations for repair shops around the Twin Cities Metro or even the La Crosse, WI area that you would think would look at it? Or am I out of luck and I do the best I can maintaining it myself?

Thank You!

Jordan

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m assuming it’s hanging on a boat? Check with Lybecks 320-676-3611 on Mille Lacs. Or even Prince Marine in Milaca. While it’s a older motor there still are guys out there that will work on it.

bechjl15

Thank You Dutchboy. I will give them a call!

If you want to call it a boat, as my friends would say. But, yes it is on the boat.

The boat is an 18′ Tuffy Rampage, old fiberglass Single Console boat with a 51″ beam!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I owned a Tuffy, nothing to be embarrassed about. Find a shop A.S.A.P. because once it warms up the shops start prepping new boats and pulling storage boats out. They are less apt to wanna fix yours once they get busy.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I’ve had great luck with Robert’s marine in Roberts Wi. Great service and fair pricing. He will work on any year make and model.
    Roberts Marine

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’ve had great luck with Robert’s marine in Roberts Wi. Great service and fair pricing. He will work on any year make and model.
    Roberts Marine

They just called me an hour ago letting me know my boat is done. So now I will recommend them, but wouldn’t have yesterday ) lol. They are busy, but will accommodate guys like me so I can get back on the water. Pay cash and include a generous tip if you want to make the top of the list quick.
    They’re my go to mechanic.

Sj Hansen is also good, Northfield.

Southside marine in waseca is good too.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Anything mercury is tough to beat Roberts marine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.