Any walleye Action?

• bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Hey On-line Friends,

Got a walleye tourney down there in a couple weeks and I don’t have a clue about Rathbun. The “book” says hit the flats trolling. What do you troll, how deep, where do the fish spawn and are they still hanging around the spawing grounds. Any help would be appreciated.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Looks like you need to go prefish it.

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

I will see you there.

Good Luck

fishingwally1951

I’ll see you there too. I hope the walleyes are biting like last year. Almost everyone had a limit.

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Just to let you know the bite has been slow. A little warm weather should turn them on.

walleyetracker
    Des moines,Iowa

I am also in that tourn.(gnwc)have been fishing Rathbun for the last 3 weekends(sat.and sun.)no walleyes that were keepers,in 6 days only caught 3-4 walleyes.we have caught crappie and white-bass.tried trolling,jigging,using phelps floaters,fishing shallow,fishing deep,nothing worked..water temp.yesterday(sun.)was 60 degrees in main lake and about 62 in the bays..real windy hoping it will warm up and the walleyes decide to start biting,maybe the wind could go away for awhile too…sick of it,windy all 3weekends, good luck and I will see you there..

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Sounds like it will be crowded. Mine is just a little club tourney with about 10 boats. I don’t know anything about the other tourneys this weekend. We’ll be prefishing on Friday.

Hope we can put a few in the livewell. Good luck everybody.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.