Rapala jigging raps-Dissappointed

• Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

I have a lot of success with jigging raps but lately I have been disappointed with their quality. Just had a third jig broke a hook off the treble, the paint chipped-not during hook removal or jigging a rocky bottom, and above all the rear plastic fins BROKE OFF!!! At $6-8 dollars apiece I would expect more than a one-time-use.
    What are everyone else’s thoughts or comments on this. Thanks in advance!

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I’ve had that same luck with the fins since I started using them 5-6 years ago. Some seem to last and others break right away. I don’t use the landing net unless I have to, as a lot of mine have broken in the net.
    I haven’t had any issues with hooks or paint yet.

mrpike1973

I have the same issue I quit using them all together now.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I agree with the quality, I switched to the puppet minnow. Cheaper and better quality.

ara

I noticed a lot of paint chipping on the new ones i just got too, and fishing a mud bottom. The moonshine shiver minnows seemed to hold up well, as did the no name brand from Norway that i bought on ebay. Those were really heavy duty built with thicker hooks and tail fin. I thin they were 5 for $20 in metric sizes similar to size 7 and 9. However nobody but Rapala makes the color that i use and works best in the purpledescent.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

have yet to complain about any jigging rap or similar style baits. its ALWAYS the first lure out of my boat. only thing to worry about is hanging it up on some sunken tree……………there goes another $6!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.