Ranger 618T Setback Plate

• RickRngr
    Central MN

Ranger is now adding a 3 inch setback plate to the 618T, which is supposed to improve the boats perfromance both hole shot & top end. This can also be added to older models. Has anyone had this installed and what are the results?

walleyejohn

Kcir_R,
    I have also been interested in the set back plate that Ranger is installing. I did a little research and here is what I have found. Ranger recommends a 3″ Slide Master manual plate.
    From the manufacture (R & R Design, Inc. 972-524-1789) the cost is $290 plus shipping.
    I would also like to hear from someone that has one and is it worth the cost & effort.

Good Luck,
    walleyejohn

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Ranger recommends a 3″ Slide Master manual plate.

I heard a few guys talking about it at the sports show and it didn’t sound like that plate was for performance as much as setting the engine back further to accommodate the longer tiller-handles.

RickRngr
    Central MN

I have heard both. I stopped at Frankes both at the sportshow and talked to someone about the plate and he told me they added it because of the long tiller handles. A friend of mine was there a hour later and talked to a different person who told him it was for performance. Trying to hear from someone that has one, to see if it does improve boat performance.

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

I would love to hear what people have to say cause I think of adding one to my 2000 617T.

outdoor_guy
    Norway,Michigan (In DA UP)

I run a 8″ on mine for performance and to get the motor up and away from the many rocks we have over here on Little Bay DeNoc. Seems to help the ride in rough water too!
    I have an extra 6″ plate I’m looking to get out of the Garage.

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

after hearing about guys putting setback plates on …. I did some looking/shopping and plan on putting a 4″ hyd. jack plate on my 617T.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.