Fiberglass waxing

• grampatim
    Spirit Lake, IA

Do any of you use power buffer/polishers on your Rangers? If so which one?

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

i use the Blue Ice brand of wax….at least im 99% sure its that, and i do it the old fashion way, by hand….have had great success to the point that my dad has slipped over the side twice while getting in and out…hehe…make sure to use a toothbrush to get any extra residue off of the stickers and pin-striping…..makes it look a lot cleaner and more finished looking

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I always use a buffer when waxing the SKEETER lol. Depending on how rough the surface is I will either just wax it or do a cleaner/polish 1st then wax. Usually thats just once a year then wax after that. I use nothing but Meguiars!!! After detailing as long as I have I am sold with their products for boat or truck.

As for a buffer I have a Meguiars dual action buffer. Porta Cable makes the same one. Then 3M pads…Polishing and then a finishing.

super_do
    St Michael, MN

I use BassBoatSaver. Use it everytime you pull it out of the water before the scum has a chance to dry. I use Wonderfoam on the motor. Usually spray it on, let it set for a few minutes and rinse off. It really does a good job on the scaly build up on the lower end.

grampatim
    Spirit Lake, IA

I too use the Wonderfoam and Boat Restore. Great stuff. I have always hand rubbed the wax, just thinking about buying a buffer/polisher.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.