Ranger 620/619 VS

• dog2th
    Omaha, NE

I am looking at upgrading my Lund to a Ranger 619/620 in the 2000 – 2004 year range. My question is in the power plant options. I currently own my first 4 stroke motor and love it. Did any of these Rangers come rigged with a 4 stroke? I have yet to see any. Also I wonder how the boat’s perfomance would be affected with a 4 stroke. I’ve seen a few Skeeters in this year range with 4’s, but no Rangers. Anybody else seeing this?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Just a light suggestion…

pick your boat with a brand of motor you are loyal to..Think about upgrading the big motor to a new/newer unit..The boat is a great boat..but an old power source can get you stranded..

this way you could put a four stroke on it and prop it perfectly !!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

You will see some Rangers with Yamaha 4 strokes on them. Be prepared to buy one right away if you find one. They sell fast. On another note, you’ll have to travel to find one too. I would suggest staying away from used boats that are near the Great Lakes areas. They tend to get a heck of a work out on those bodies of water.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Oh, one more thing, if you like the Ranger’s be sure to check out Skeeters too, they are both top of the line boats. You’ll find more Skeeter’s with Yamaha 4 strokes since Yamaha ownes Skeeter.

Walleyebry
    Isle, mn.

Go to the website that has a ton of Rangers for sale, walleye central. You should be able to find something to your liking. Also, if you dont see the boat your looking for, post a wanted ad. This is a great place to find Ranger boats. Hope this helps.
    Walleyebry #993

brian_j

I went through a similar boat search last summer. I don’t know what you’re price range is but if you’re trying to stay under $20k (like I was) you’ll only find 2 strokes, mostly carb’ed and mostley Mercurys.

I really wanted a Yamaha 4 stroke and the only ones I saw were more like 30k and up. In the end I went with a tin boat that had the yamaha.

If you look long enough maybe you could find a late 90s early 2000 with a beat up motor and replace it with a new or slightly used 4 stroke FI motor.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.