Garage Space Needed for a Ranger 620

Hey guys,

I’m in the process of purchasing a home here in the next few months, but I want to make sure it has enough garage space to fit a 620 Ranger, which I plan on picking up next Spring.

First off, any idea how long a “normal” garage stall is, and if I can fit a 620 with a swing away tongue in it without having to turn it sideways?

Also, is there any way to get one to fit in a single stall garage door? I think a normal single stall is 8′ wide and they won’t fit??

Thanks in advance!

jerry b
    western WI

I have a 10′ door and an 8’6″ wide trailer. Believe me, sometimes it’s a challenge to get the trailer thru the opening with all the door trim (and fenders) still intact. If I had it to do over, I’d have nothing less than a 12′ door-IMHO jerr

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

I got rid of the double 9′ doors and put in a single 16 footer. No trouble at all getting the boat in the garage. All I had to do was stud out the opening to fit the new door. Oh yeah, one more thing. I put a steel I-beam for a door header.

toothycritters

I concur, I did the double 16′ door. whats the point in 2 doors if the garage is wide open inside…

kroger3
    blaine mn

If it doesn’t fit my ranger could use a big brother! Got plenty of room….. storage is free but it probably won’t spend much time in the garage.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

How deep does the stall need to be?

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

From Rangers site

length on trailer with motor down 25′ 1

with swing away open 23′ 1

Unless you’re super man, you’re not going to muscle the trailer by hand…..

Thanks for the replies guys!

This should give me a good idea of what to look for…I’m thinking I need a garage stall of at least 24′ deep and a double 16′ door.

I find it intersting that i’m more concerned about getting a nice garage than a nice house. Priorities right?

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

5 years ago I finally sold the little Aluimacraft F-7 and bought the boat of my dreams, a 16 foot Lund Predator. When I got it home I discovered the trailer was 1-1/2 inches wider than the garage door. A lousy inch and a half!

So I tore the garage down and built a new one with a 16 foot wide door. Yup, priorities!

Rootski

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

Standard width, 16′ or 9′. 24’x24′. Sometimes you get a little more width depending on the house layout. The reason for two smaller doors is, without sideroom, you can’t open your car doors. If the driveway is flat enough, you could roll a big boat around but you’d have a big chance of getting water inside on the floor. Anyway, without sideroom you can’t open car doors and it stinks.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

My garage is 27′ deep I think it’s perfect, enough room to get the boat in and still get around it, course mine’s a foot shorter, let alone not sure if a jack plate would ever be in your future. Double door is a must IMHO.

hookem_9
    Hastings, MN

24′ might cut it, but you may want to go deeper, min. 28′. I have a 20′ boat, and a 32′ deep garage. It fits nice, plenty of room to walk around it. Are you building the house? buying existing? If your building, garage sq ft is cheap, and there’s never enough, and more expensive to change it in the future. If your going with single garage doors, go 10′, if your going 3-car style, with a double and a single, go with a 18′ double and 10′ single. 16′ are narrow with 2 fullsize vehicles. I’d go with 8′ tall door too!

Also, If your finishing it off in the future, have a gas line ran out there.

blackbay

What about the height needed? Will a 620 with a full windshield fit under a 7 foot door?

eyeguide
    Prior Lake

Quote:

What about the height needed? Will a 620 with a full windshield fit under a 7 foot door?

I have a 7′ door and your motor may be a bigger issue depending on the slope on your driveway. My drive way is short, but slightly uphill to the door and I have to lower the motor almost all the way down to get through the door than raise it up once it’s under. I have High bubbles that clear easily, and I think that you should be able to get a walkthrough in as long as the trailer is level at that point. Also; I never take out my butt seat in front and that goes through as long as it’s not all the way up!

ted-merdan

a 24′ will cut it even w/ an 8″ jackplate. Had 2 different 620’s in the garage @ my old house (38’w x 24’d). The 621’s would not fit though – thus the back door on my third stall turned into a permanent doghouse door

-ted

blackbay

Quote:

Quote:

I have a 7′ door and your motor may be a bigger issue depending on the slope on your driveway. My drive way is short, but slightly uphill to the door and I have to lower the motor almost all the way down to get through the door than raise it up once it’s under. I have High bubbles that clear easily, and I think that you should be able to get a walkthrough in as long as the trailer is level at that point. Also; I never take out my butt seat in front and that goes through as long as it’s not all the way up!

I’ve heard Verado’s can be a tight squeeze. My back garage is almost level so the slope wouldn’t be a problem.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.