Swing away tounge?

• Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

I am in the need to put a swing away tounge on my boat. The few questions I have is can you put it on any trailer, how much room can you save, has anybody had any problems with theres and can I do this project myself. I have a ranger r83 bass boat and ranger trailer.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

you save a solid 25″ or so on the tongue. For me it is the difference between fitting in the garage or not. I love it!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

here is a example …if you have basic tools ,drill and a hack saw or sawz-all you can do it yourself. measure your tognue and do a google search for one to fit your trailer.

FULTON SWING-AWAY TONGUE AND COUPLER KIT FOR 3″ X 4″ TONGUES
    Fold-Away couplers provide space saving alternatives for easy storage. The patented cast hinge designs offer strength coupled with a sleek appearance.

Provides 34″ Additional Clearance for Trailer Storage.
    5000 LB. Capacity.
    Rust-resistant Z-Max 600 hour fin ish.
    Chain Retainer Prevents Saftey Chains From Dragging Yet Allows Free Movement During Towing.
    Pivot Restricted to 165 Degrees to Prevent Damage to Side Marker Lights.
    Safety Chains, Assembly Instructions, and Assembly Jig Included. Individually Cartoned and Litho Labeled.
    34″ Coupler Kit, Ball Size 2″, CLS-3, 3″ X 4″ Tongue, Bolt On.

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

Quote:

you save a solid 25″ or so on the toungue. For me it is the difference between fitting in the garage or not. I love it!

Thats exactly what i’m trying to do

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

here is another cheaper option.. click link tognue kit

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

I installed the Fulton unit shown by Trumar and saved 23 inches which allowed me to get my garage door closed. Great idea, money well spent. Make sure all of the bolts are used, or it might sag a little.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.