Cool Hub Maint.

• birddog
    Mn.

Have they changed the amount of oil they take recently? I don’t think topping them off full is recommended.

BIRDDOG

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

The older model Ranger trail cool lube hub trailers were to be filled completely with sae 50 wt oil. Nicely done Jon

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Yes, full. I have a .pdf file of the cool hubs manual if anyone wants a copy. Just shoot me a PM or e-mail and I’ll send it out. (E-mail address in my profile)

….from the manual:

Quote:

It is important that the hub cavity is completely filled with oil. Air and oil thermally expand at different rates. Air in the hub cavity will expand at a higher rate than the oil causing the pressure in the hub to increase above 6 psi, possibly leading to seal damage or premature seal wear and water intrusion.

-J.

eyeguide
    Prior Lake

Thank you. Made that look do-able for the normal guy!

ted-merdan

Quote:

Yes, full. I have a .pdf file of the cool hubs manual if anyone wants a copy. Just shoot me a PM or e-mail and I’ll send it out. (E-mail address in my profile)

….from the manual:

Quote:

It is important that the hub cavity is completely filled with oil. Air and oil thermally expand at different rates. Air in the hub cavity will expand at a higher rate than the oil causing the pressure in the hub to increase above 6 psi, possibly leading to seal damage or premature seal wear and water intrusion.

-J.

Depending on the year of your trailer the hub maintence (amount of oil) varies – best to consult your owners manual if you have or contact Ranger or your dealer for specifics.

-ted

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.