Finally!

• eyeguide
    Prior Lake

Well I just got back from a long day driving through Wisconsin where I agreed to terms on a “new to me” 2004 Ranger 620! I have been kicking it around for years, but finally did it today. Now to sell some aluminum!

Now begins the longest week of my life before I pick it up next Friday!

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

Congrats Eye Guide, I just picked up a stratos walleye series, and my good buddy bought a 619vs ranger, It is a very good feeling! Congrats again!

ted-merdan

Congrats – that year is a great hull that you will enjoy for a long time!

-ted

garydickmeyer
    plymouth

congrats on the best purchase of your life!!!

wallster
    Austin, MN

Great move,You’ll never look back, Well just when you pass the aluminum boats in rough water.
    Wallster ><((((>

eyeguide
    Prior Lake

Thanks! Just picked it up last night and got it all cleaned up today. Wish the river wasn’t so flooded so I go out tomorrow! I guess I’ll spend the day figuring out how to fill up all my new found storage.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Seriously…. Come on, I shouldn’t have to say it…

PICS!

eyeguide
    Prior Lake

There coming!

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

Congrats!

Now all we need is for the water to stabilize and the fish to bite.

Good Luck,

690reece

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

There coming!

eyeguide
    Prior Lake

Quote:

Quote:

There coming!

Well I am really not trying to stall ! I promise, but I am working the NW Sportshow all week and don’t think pictures in my garage are going to satisfy anyone . Planning on hitting the river next weekend though!

eyeguide
    Prior Lake

Quote:

Congrats!

Now all we need is for the water to stabilize and the fish to bite.

Good Luck,

690reece

Thanks Reece! You still got your 690? Seems like forever ago we used to sit and talk about Rangers all day at work!

eyeguide
    Prior Lake

Sorry it took so long, But I’ve found myself getting on the water as often as I can! Got everything the way I want now just need to find one more locator for this year before the big re-rig planned for this winter.

ted-merdan

Very sharp and I imagine FAST – enjoy!

What’s the planned upgrade for this winter?

-ted

eyeguide
    Prior Lake

Thanks Ted. It gets up and goes, but I got my doors blown off by the 2010’s down in Chamberlain. I have new props to try out as well as I am only getting 5200 rpm on the current one? It went 58.5 (Max on Gps) with basically no gas, dry, with me a PFD, a throwable, and NO other gear! It’s a little slower now. I’m doing all new HDS’s this winter, ordered lower seat skins, and looking at redoing the carpet evetually. The carpet is fine, but I did it on my last boat when I bought it, and it made it feel like new.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I had this exact set up 2005 620 with same motors before etec…That boat was super fast, fully rigged I got 58.5-59 gps on mille lacs with turning about 5700-5800 rpms. Sorry I cannot remember the prop on that boat. But it was fast…enjoy the new rig…

ted-merdan

2010’s are flyin’ – at least the ones with the 250 E-TEC HO’s because the re-mapped that engine again (similiar to their introduction in ’08) and they are noticebly hotter. I am heaing 63+ from the few that have them…

also remember that the 620’s are now rated for 250’s.

I don’t care where you are – upper 50’s in a pretty heavy boat is scootin’!!!

-ted

eyeguide
    Prior Lake

Yeah; both the Merc 250 XS and 250 HO’s were screaming! Not sure which one was faster, but had a chance to fish out of Mark Court’s for a while, and man is that a different ride. Seems like you are up higher and there seems to be a lot more free-board. I tell you what though that new eTec kicker is pretty sweet! Looks really big, but man is that RPM adjustment nice!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.