Ranger 620 owners HELP NEEDED

• TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Ranger 620 owners HELP NEEDED

My quest for a Ranger has me caught between a 619 and a 620. I need your help. I have a 3 car garage, 2 car is 21 feet deep, 3 car bay has an addition 6 feet deep back BUT the third car stall front is set back 2 feet from the 2 car door. Confused yet  ? My 3rd car stall is 24 feet BUT because of the 2 foot (FRONT) set back I would have to back the boat into the 2 car door and try to make the swing into the 6 foot setback without hitting the boat on the set back.

Here where I need your help, now I am not a drinker but I will buy to a case of beer OR give you $20 for you to bring your boat over to my home in Cottage Grove MN and see if we can get a 620 in my garage.
    Let me know by PM if you can help, I will share some spots on the river if you can.
    I do understand that a 620 is 23’ 1” but I need to make sure I can make that swing.
    I won’t be ordering until June 1.
    Thank you,
    TJB

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I own a 619 Ranger. If I read your post correctly, your thinking about “Making the swing” with your Ranger.

The WORST item on my boat package is on the trailer, and that is the jack. If you were thinking you would drop the rig and use the wheel and jack from the trailer you will be very unhappy..

I have had my rig for about one year and the wheel is about to fall off already. It looks dangerously close to snapping off the stand, and it does not roll nicely at all.

Love My Rig !!!
    Hate My Jack !!!

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Hi TJB,

I’ve been looking at houses and figured I need a minimum of 26-27ft for a stall. Since you’re planning to take up 2, I can help with exact size.

What I do know for sure is I’ve got a 620, but it’s an older one without a swing tongue trailer. It measures 25.5′ from tip of the trailer to the skeg (keeping the engine on the transom saver).

I’m in Afton and could bring my 620 over, but since it doesn’t have the swing trailer, I’m not sure how much help it’d be :-/

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Are you thinking of making the swing with your tow vehicle? Or unhitching it and pushing it by hand? My Z21 Ranger has tandem wheels and they are not swinging anywhere without a couple thousand pounds of torque (LOL) If it is tandem, your going to need more buddies and more beer.

I replaced my jack and wheel in 2010 on a 2005 trailer.

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

3rd car stall door is like 110. A new 620 is 102 and a 619 is 101. So there is not much room to back it in or pull it out the 3rd car door. So yes I was planning to back in and pull out the 2 car door and make the swing by hand into/out of the 3rd car bay. I don’t think the wife would like me making here park outside, and my 2500 sub (black beauty) would like it even less. So now I guess I really need some help with a 620 or 619 with a swing tong.

Thanks guys!

TJB

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

You will not be abl to move a tandem axle trailer once unhooked unless your moving forward or backwards. You cannot pivot that trailer without the aid of something, I know of any product to pivot a tandem axle trailer by hand or using the hydralic jack.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Just keep your Alumacraft or sell me your kicker motor

wkw

Ditto what Calvin said. You won’t move a tandem trailer sideways once you unhook it. I got a busted gut to prove it.
    WKW

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

TJB – I had to go through the same measuring method you did and I am afraid your result may have to be the same. I had to go with a 619 because of my 24′ garage. I take the two stalls and wife’s car gets the one stall. You can fit the boat and a car in the 2 stall but your boat will need to be set perfectly for the garage to close because you do need to angle it slightly.

What I ended up doing is was parking it nice a neat until she relaxed a bit, inched my way over ever so slightly, and by the 2nd season I had both stalls and plenty of room.

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Quote:

Just keep your Alumacraft or sell me your kicker motor

Brian the alumacraft is gone 1st guy that looked at it bought it with the kicker. I do have a brand new bird 1198 sitting on the shelf
    I guess this means I hope you and others will have some room in your boat early and mid summer.
    Keep in touch!

mojogunter

My garage is 23′ deep and a 620 will just barely fit strait in. I had to turn the ouboard to one side, and it cleared the door by about an inch. My 621 I have to angle in taking up two stalls.

ted-merdan

My previous garage was 24′ and I could get a 620 in there by turning the motor to the side and backing straight in. If you get a jackplate though, that adds incrementally to the overall lenght.

-ted

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

If I am reading this all right you got enough width on the 3rd stall door to fit the boat. Why dont you just back it straight in? Cause like others have said dont plan on swinging the boat by hand.

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Quote:

If I am reading this all right you got enough width on the 3rd stall door to fit the boat. Why dont you just back it straight in? Cause like others have said dont plan on swinging the boat by hand.

The door is 106 wide the boat is 102. My drive is an incline so it will be very tight.
    Any one with a 620 can swing by? PM if you can.

cowboyhannah
    Wausau, WI

So if you back it in you will have 2″ on each side…it took me a whole season to figure out how to get my 619 to fit in my garage. You’d be surprised how good you can get with practice. You might see if the dealer will loan you a comparable trailer to see if you can put the trailer straight in? Otherwise, reframe the door to add width? I actually had a contractor out to our house to explore ideas to add length to our garage before I finally figured out that if I hit the exact right landmarks each time, I can do it. Good luck.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

Quote:

The door is 106 wide the boat is 102. My drive is an incline so it will be very tight.
    Any one with a 620 can swing by? PM if you can.

2″ is plenty of room. I used to have a 25′ Baja and you wanna talk about tight fit. Like mentioned above practice backing it in there and it will be a piece of cake.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.