Random CFB Talk

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Colorado is up on TCU at the half. If you thought Deion was being force fed through TV spots and sports radio before…

Are Bielema and Illinois going to be able to build on their success from last season? It sure doesn’t seem like the Big 10 West is going to be anything but average on a good day.

Alabama lost both coordinators in the offseason and Georgia has back to back titles. Will Alabama be right back to the playoff and contending?

Graham Mertz couldn’t play in the Big 10 West, now Florida is giving him the starting job in the SEC? That schedule will eat him alive. They already took a bad road loss at Utah scoring 11 points while Utah was without their starting QB.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I kinda like that Prime is coaching CU. And his kid is QB?! Adds some spice and storyline.

Wish more NFL players and alum were more visible in college football.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I love football talk.

I’ve also felt the Deion stuff has just been force fed. I get it, it’s a huge story. They’re really advertising Colorado vs. Nebraska next Saturday, which wouldn’t have gotten any attention a year ago.

His kid at QB looked pretty good. They’ve got a WR playing defense too, last I saw he had over 100 snaps in the game. They let go a bunch of kids to bring in ones Deion wanted. Will be a very unique story if they do well.

Absolutely great to have football back.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The Badgers look eerily similar in result despite different design and scheme. They look like a team that has one of the best RBs in the nation, an average offensive line, a quarterback who will be a liability, and a defense that should improve as the year goes on but looked rough early. Flip a coin between them, Iowa, and Minnesota in the West.

Oklahoma hung 73 on someone, and Oregon over 80. The way the current playoff is set up it almost forces teams NOT in the Big 10 and SEC to win with style and belittle the cupcakes. Look for USC to start joining in on that trend too as these early weeks lead forward.

The Deion thing is annoying at times as I alluded to in the other thread, but it does spice up things in CFB for an otherwise boring program and conference. I might just start rooting for them too. Something about Deion in a big chain, shades, and a light colored cowboy hat at a few of the practices and televised press conferences was entertaining in itself.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Exactly, why not root for them. My son and I were cheering for CU yesterday when otherwise probably wouldn’t have cared. It took guts to clear out the program that thoroughly and start over. Oh yeah and his kid can ball!

dirtywater

Exactly, why not root for them. My son and I were cheering for CU yesterday when otherwise probably wouldn’t have cared. It took guts to clear out the program that thoroughly and start over. Oh yeah and his kid can ball!

Maybe because the man has the single largest ego on planet earth and is a walking talking commercial for himself.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

^ ”He is him.”

Dan
    Southeast MN

Seeing some more follow up from Deion this morning and in his media session yesterday he made it seem like he just won 5 super bowls in one day and proved everyone wrong in that one game. He also decided to bring race into it and say that he got so many questions early on because he was a confident black man and that made the media fear him.

dirtywater

Seeing some more follow up from Deion this morning and in his media session yesterday he made it seem like he just won 5 super bowls in one day and proved everyone wrong in that one game. He also decided to bring race into it and say that he got so many questions early on because he was a confident black man and that made the media fear him.

He makes everything about race. Also saw a press conference where he went out of his way to berate a reporter for referring to him as a Florida State Seminole. Deion, nobody cares about the BA in organizational management you hastily earned from Talladega college so you’d be qualified to coach at the college level.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Personally I love Coach Prime, and if you watch some of his interviews where he goes deeper in depth, he is a great LEADER. And yes he’s still the uber-confident Prime Time, but if you don’t think other big time coaches are as well you aren’t paying attention. Prime just says it as it is, while the Sabans/Kirby Smarts take an aww shucks approach in public. Travis Hunter is a talent like we haven’t seen in a long time in big time football!

P.S. As an FYI Coach Prime doesn’t have any input on how many times Fox/ABC/ESPN run their promo about the next game. So if you are sick of seeing him, take it up with the networks. But obviously he sells!

KP
    Hudson, WI

I love Coach Prime and think he is great for College Football. Also love how he is playing Travis Hunter on both sides of the ball. That was a fun game to watch against TCU.

I also love how Clemson got beat last night against Duke. Apparently Clemson doesn’t like to use the transfer portal and it showed last night.

CaptainMusky

I kinda like that Prime is coaching CU. And his kid is QB?! Adds some spice and storyline.

Yeah, that is a cool story for sure and his other kid is a WR. The big story line though to me is that kid that plays both sides of the ball. Man, that kid is a baller!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Deion already gave him the Heisman… without seeing anyone else coffee jester doah

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.