Rainy River – Lake of the Woods Suggestions

• Brandon Brackey

I will be staying up at my great aunts alongside the rainy October 15-19, and this year I am bringing my Fiance. I wanted to see if anyone has some suggestions for chasing big pike around this area at this time of year. We will do some walleye fishing but the girl loves the pictures of some of the big pike we have caught over the years in different spots. I have caught a couple of big pike up there but they were only in the winter. I am really not sure what fall hotspots there are that are close to the Baudette area/south shore. Hopefully the shiners will be running and the river will be full of walleye’s.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Not exactly what you asked for but here’s some advice. Warm clothes and go in if the conditions are tough. That’s tough for her not for you.

I’m a huge fan of chasing pike on Rainy Lake in the fall. Some of the days are less than Indian summer. Apparently some people have different definitions of what is enjoyable and what is suffering.

I met my now wife a little over four years ago. One of the few things I did right was how she was introduced to ice fishing. No bucket fishing unless 40 and sunny. Cold out, keep the house toasty warm.

Now she’s asking a few times each winter if she can join me on the ice. Taking it slow paid off. Now if you have a hardcore gal that will be outside through think and thin, can you introduce her to my wife:)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.