Rainy River Apr 1,2,3 Ontario license required

• Duluth Fish

Looking for a partner for upcoming Rainy River trip. Heading up mid day April 1 and leaving late afternoon April 3. I live in Duluth. I booked two nights at the Emo Inn, Emo, Ontario. I have an Ontario license and will be fishing on the Canada side. I have a 16′ Alumacraft Classic, 60 Yamaha, Terrova, and river anchors. First time on the River but am a river walleye fisherman. I Will keep watching conditions and if river gets too high and too dirty gonna cancel but otherwise headed up. Thanks, Nate

David F Baldwin

Hi Nate,
    I saw your post and wondered if you got up to Rainy river, and if so, how did you do? I’m looking to try fishing it for the first time this fall, early November. If you have any insight or advice, I’m all ears.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Duluth Fish

Hi, Dave. I have been to the river three times since then. Have done really well in spring and pretty good last fall. I was up on deer opener. Fished up river from mouth of big Fork during the fall trip as well as around Birchdale. Caught nice fish both places casting jigs and plastics. There were guys trolling in the fall doing good but that’s not my thing. Watch in depth outdoors shows on the river and do and use what they do. I fish just like how they do and have always caught fish there. Canada or Minnesota doesn’t matter too much.

Good Luck,

Nate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.