Rainy Lake – MN side – Recent reports?

• bigstorm
    Southern WI

Has anyone been out recently? Im heading up Wednesday night and fishing for 4 days, although we may spend a day downriver by Birchdale. I will post a report when Im back

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

We were camped last week on Blueberry. It was kind of slow. We got most the walleyes trolling leadcore in 30 FOW +-. There were a few caught on a jig and shiner. A couple of the walleyes were 24″. The northerns were hungry. The weather was great and there were few bugs.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Thanks for the info, Im sure we will make it down to the reefs by Blueberry at some point if the wind allows for it

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Fished the Lake on 10/7 & 10/8 before pulling the plug and going downriver. Very tough bite on the lake, went as far east as Windmill Rock and everywhere in between. We could find them, but getting them to bite was very tough

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

How was the river?

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Fished Birchdale on Saturday and Sunday. Slow going but you could get around and fish current seams and deeper spots. The bite was better on Saturday (not a hot bite by any means but much better than Rainy Lake) and there sure were a lot of Northerns in that 18 to 20in range. Also got a sturgeon on and had him jump fully out of the water before snapping my 8lb mono

Sunday was tougher but Im thinking that had to due with the thunderstorms in the morning and again in the mid afternoon. Even saw there was a tornado warning out for I-Falls

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.