radio reception

• G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

or lack thereof… My comp sport 185 radio is terrible, in terms of reception. Would swapping out the short antenna help? If so, any recommendations on a replacement?

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

The radio reception in my Skeeter sucks too. Kenwood Media receiver. Tried the shorty antenna, wire antenna and the FM splitter off of the VHF antenna. Gave up and now use Bluetooth through my phone or Sirrus XM.

mojogunter

They do make an amplified antenna that I had on a couple different boats that worked better than the one that came with the boat. I just run sirius radio now and haven’t really had the need to upgrade the regular radio antenna.

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

I have had the best luck doing as said above with Bluetooth connected to my phone. Can play virtually any radio station these days over the internet as long as you have cell reception, which at least where I fish, is a lot better than radio reception and you are not limited to the radio stations in the area.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

the thing is, I like to listen to NFL games on the radio if I’m out fishing and you can’t get those via a phone app… And I don’t have Sirius…

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

I have used one of these for the past couple of years. Shakespeare 4357S. On land it will really pull in the radio from long distances on the water it will get the radio stations you should get on land. Use it in Canada to get that station that should come in. Make sure to get it from shakespeare and not a knock off I have heard of people getting those and they don’t work.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

the thing is, I like to listen to NFL games on the radio if I’m out fishing and you can’t get those via a phone app… And I don’t have Sirius…

A Sirius subscription is like $6 a month and works in more than the boat. I do the same as you….listen to football in the boat. Sirius is great for that. Even better if you can get in the car, too.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

I have a Boss radio in my boat. The FM has decent reception. The AM is brutal. When I run the trolling motor the radio cuts out,too. Blue Tooth works pretty slick like the others said.

MnPat1

NFL mobile app comes with Verizon service. I stream the games from my phone. I just checked sounds like it’s free for everyone. You can watch any games that you would be able to at home.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.