Quiter Boat Launches on Minnetonka?

• Jerrad Bieno

I’ve never been on Minnetonka but would like to give it a shot at some point for bass. I’m guessing there are no truly non-busy landings on Minnetonka, but are any quieter than others?

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I don’t think there’s any such thing on a weekend during prime hours in nice weather, but I’ve had easy launches at multiple spots on weekdays and off times. My favorite is probably the launch run by 3 Rivers Park District. It’s $6 cash only I believe.

https://www.threeriversparks.org/location/lake-minnetonka-regional-park

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Maxwell Bay has plenty of parking and good ramps, but don’t even bother on weekends. Weekdays get there early and leave by noon. The wake boats and jet skis will be making fishing difficult by then, so save your sanity and go home. Good Luck.

Jerrad Bieno

So it’s pretty busy on weekends even in the morning?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Mornings you will be fine. That’s most everywhere.

Each year that passes seems like the weather terrorists keep winning and keep the masses at bay, not that I’m complaining. Just seems if there’s a chance to rain or tstorm it’s like all hells gonna bust loose and rain fire from the sky.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

There are actually quite a few hidden launches on Minnetonka. I don’t want to reveal their locations (selfish I know) as it took me some time to find them all and they offer very limited parking if you do some digging you should be able to find them.

tim hurley

( here is another secret “tonka is not heavily fished for any one species, lots of boats, many are not fishing, some are fishing ‘skis, or walters bass or panfish. Launches are full but for the size of the lake their are not a lot of full sized launches. Don’t believe me? GOOD!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.