Pumpkin today,

• Jimmy Jones

Pie tomorrow. All baked and ready to be scooped out and used for the Thanksgiving Day dinner’s pies. Way better than the crap that comes from a can.

Attachments:
    1. 404387979_1981470918895025_1770372011990597381_n.jpg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Looks like a Great start to a Great Pie. I wish I liked Pumpkin Pie. No matter how much I try it, I just can’t learn to like it.

JEREMY
    BP

I like the taste, cant stand the texture. Thats the only way I will make it no can crap for me either. I have like 12 pie pumpkins in the garage yet. My 7 year old daughter decided she likes pumpkin pie now or I would have fed them to the deer.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

That’s neat. Ill be using Libbys canned tomorrow. Their recipe is the standard however I use a variation of that and its better. Im betting you have a unique recipe for your homegrown pumpkin pie?

Jimmy Jones

Im betting you have a unique recipe for your homegrown pumpkin pie?

I’m not entirely certain what the recipe Ma uses is. I’m thinking it is probably close to what the Libbys can’s recipe is but I do know she tweaks the spices.

The pumpkin from these guys will bake up a bit darker and much firmer than the canned stuff.

ThunderLund78

My mom is in-charge of dessert and she informed us she bought frozen Marie Calendar’s Pumpkin Pies. If I would’ve known that I would’ve volunteered to take on dessert, but we’re already hosting and doing the main dishes. Oh well.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I always go from real pumpkins, too. It’s really not difficult. My sister is in charge of pumpkin pie this year, but I am making a pecan pie tomorrow. It’s my fave!

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

My understanding is most pumpkin pie is actually made from a type of squash and not actual pumpkin.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

I am in charge of the pumpkin pie as well. A mostly standard recipe that uses Fireball Whisky for part of the flavor.

blackbay
    mn

I am in charge of the pumpkin pie as well. A mostly standard recipe that uses Fireball Whisky for part of the flavor.

Strictly for the cinnamon flavor. wink

Coletrain27

My understanding is most pumpkin pie is actually made from a type of squash and not actual pumpkin.

that is correct

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    Im betting you have a unique recipe for your homegrown pumpkin pie?

I’m not entirely certain what the recipe Ma uses is. I’m thinking it is probably close to what the Libbys can’s recipe is but I do know she tweaks the spices.

The pumpkin from these guys will bake up a bit darker and much firmer than the canned stuff.

Yea, the recipe I like tweaks the spice amounts and adds allspice.
    I have to try using pumpkins sometime.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crawdaddy wrote:</div>

that is correct

Libby’s says 100% Pumpkin on the front of the can with a picture of a pumpkin and lists Pumpkin for only ingredient. Hopefully they arent lying but no matter because we like it anyway.

Jimmy Jones

Libby’s says 100% Pumpkin on the front of the can with a picture of a pumpkin and lists Pumpkin for only ingredient. Hopefully they arent lying but no matter because we like it anyway.

Hotdogs say beef and some salt and spices and cure. “Beef” can be a pretty broad desciption…. I wonder which parts of the beef are in there?

wkw

Everything but the “moo”

onestout
    Hudson, WI

We make our pies using butternut squash. I was pretty devastated when I found out at 10 years old that we didn’t use pumpkins but you can’t taste the difference. We also use hickory nuts for our pies, those things are good in almost everything.

Attachments:
    1. 20231122_135831-scaled.jpg

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.