PSA – Wayzata Bait

• FryDog62

The date is official and the store closes October 1st. But the owners – Tim and Bob will continue to provide some services. Tim has cleaned all my reels over the years and will continue to provide that service. Bob will continue making spinnerbaits and other items on an as needed basis – like those awesome 2 inch crankbait leaders so the scud missiles don’t bite-off your chatterbaits anymore!

Note that you will be able to contact them through their web site: wayzatabait.net (Note not dot.com – its dot NET, like what you land fish with ;)

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Thanks for the update Fryer. I have used them to clean reels in the past too, and will continue to do so given they are going to keep that going. Gonna miss stopping in there in the spring though. Good run they had.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Bummer. I like that shop. Do you have a link for someone to get ahold of them after they close their doors?

FryDog62

Bummer. I like that shop. Do you have a link for someone to get ahold of them after they close their doors?

They said to contact them thru the web site wayzatabait.net not sure there will be a land line or just call their cells/text.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

too bad they are closing. common theme these days among bait shops in general. i admit i havent been in that shop in years but living on the west side of the lake i dont get to the east side much at all.

Was driving past there just yesterday and i thought about their upcoming closing. I tried to imagine where you could put a bait shop to service the east end that would be convenient and there really isnt a good location. I dont have numbers but i would guess most people who fish Tonka come from the east and most launch off Grays bay. Out of those most are accessing that from 394 and not from the south via Hwy 7. The perfect spot would be in Wayzata right by that BP gas station before you head south to the launch but all of Wayzata is just too small. The lots are small and there isnt the parking needed for trucks pulling boats and there is too much traffic to have people turning with trailers all over

queenswake
    NULL

I am one of those coming from the east and up until this year, was able to stop at either Big B’s bait in Plymouth or Wayzata Bait. Now, my only option is the Ace Hardware in Long Lake, which depending on the part of the lake I’m going to, is out of the way. I’ve seen the Live Bait sign at the BP in Spring Park so I might have to stop in there to see what they have.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I am one of those coming from the east and up until this year, was able to stop at either Big B’s bait in Plymouth or Wayzata Bait. Now, my only option is the Ace Hardware in Long Lake, which depending on the part of the lake I’m going to, is out of the way. I’ve seen the Live Bait sign at the BP in Spring Park so I might have to stop in there to see what they have.

I am in the same “boat.” Always come from the east/northeast side of the lake and stopped at Wayzata Bait & Tackle when I wanted live bait (usually in the spring for crappie fishing).

The ARCO station off Hwy 7 and Christmas Lake Road does have live bait, including minnows (Netguy informed me of this). Its out of my way too, but there are no other options.

AnotherFisherman

Would always stop in when I ice fish Minnetonka. The next shop to stop at will be very inconvenient for me. Nice guys

FryDog62

Would always stop in when I ice fish Minnetonka. The next shop to stop at will be very inconvenient for me. Nice guys

I stopped into Waypoint Angler today (Spring Park/Navarre area) and they said they may have live bait for ice fishing this winter… another potential option anyway.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.