Propane tank?

• AllenW
    Mpls, MN

I have a full 20# propane tank that whatever mechanism they have in the valve has popped out about a 1/2″ inside where the gas comes out, the connector from my Buddy heater or grill that screw into the cylinder will not go far enough in to catch threads.

Anybody ever have this happen and what did you do?

TIA

Al

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Trade it in for a new tank. Never heard of that happening.

munchy
    NULL

Did it happen when it was filled last? Maybe take it back to the fill station and see if they will know what can be done.

Otherwise exchange it at a Blue Rhino location.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I have had a tank that did not work with my male propane hose fitting. I changed the fitting on the heater so I would never experience that issue again.

Sure you can trade the tank in, but what happens the next time you pick up a trade in tank on your way for a fishing trip and get out on the lake to find you have the same issue again? Solve the issue to prevent future issues.

Some male fittings have an extra nose on them about 3/16″ or so and they work on all tanks.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

I’ve probably went through close to a 100 tanks and never had this problem, whatever it is popped out when I turned the valve slightly to clear any crud that may be in the valve opening, first time it’s done it.
    I’ll return the tank, thanks all.

al

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Al, you can take the tank to Ferrell Gas on Hwy. 10 in Anoka. They can repair it there or let you know whats going on.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Just a wild ass thought, connect to the bbq and open it wide open and close. See if valve reseats itself.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Called the propane supplier, they say defective valve and to return it to them or where I bought it for exchange.

Thanks all
    al

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.