Propane Tank/Regulator Freeze Up

• iceager01
    Redwood County/Scott County

In seasons past my buddy’s hard-side has had problems with the propane tank or regulator freezing up in severe cold weather, is there a way that this can be prevented or reduced?
    I’ve read past posts that mention running an exhaust(?) hose into the container for the tanks but I’m not sure how something like that would be installed, any ideas out there?
    Thanks and Good Fishin this season… Have a Great Day!!

SoDak Fisher Guy
    Eastern SD

putting an old sleeping bag over the tanks will help…also wrapping an electric heat tape around the regulator will help.

Doesn’t hurt to keep a blower dryer in your shack to unthaw the regulator just in case.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I know im going to get a lot of people disagreeing with me here but I began installing regulators and one of my 20# tanks inside of the house several years ago after too many middle of the night issues on the lake.

Travis

I have a propane box on my hardside and I fully insulated the box and put an automotive dome light inside the box. What little heat the bulb gives off inside the insulated box keeps the propane flowing and even if I don’t have it on, the insulated box keeps the bulk of the wind and extremely cold temps at Bay so the heater never quits providing balmy weather conditions inside the house.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.