Pro pack or Ultra Pack?

• barrelslime
    Illinois

Iv FINALLY made my decision in a new flasher. FLX28.
    Which pack to order. I have a Pro pack on my fl12 and it seems fine although compact. Im a little concerened about the enclosed battery on the Ultra pack. Are the lid and latches durable? Is it a pain to get into?
    Thoughts?

404 ERROR
    MN

I have both and I may be the rare exception, but I like the Pro Pack much better. It’s a little more compact for me and I do not like having to store my transducer on the back since I use a storage bag. I tossed the vexilar tackle box and made a transducer holder in the front, so I don’t need to unzip both sides to use the unit. Plus I don’t use a float, so the Ultra Pack doesn’t do much for me.

gonehunting

I also prefer the Pro Pack. Easier to remove battery if needed. Just less bulky all around. Both have quick connect charger now so easy to charge.

Tom Wilson
    walker mn

I agree with both posts,,,, pro pack

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

Go the extra mile and get a lithium battery for it! You’ll thank me later.

Bill Sackenreuter
    Devils Lake ND

I guess I’m a little different! I like the Ultra pak, I do use the float, but not the soft case for it, dont like to have zip and un zip cases especially when they freeze up and cant be opened without tearing something.I like the way the cord wraps up and the float storage up top, just makes for more organized setup.The external charging is nice, battery locked solid inside.Tsckle box is nice to keep a few of favorite jigs at your side.

1bigdeer

I agree with Bill. I prefer the Ultra Pak without the PITA zipper cover. I put their neoprene cover over the display and it is in/out of the bucket and ready to go! Much faster than any other method and I’ve tried them all.

gonehunting

1bigdeer.. not sure what you mean. Both come with the red zipper cover standard. You can run the Propack without the cover and put it in the bucket just like the Ultrapack. Both the models have a rear holder for the transducer.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

I have the Ultra Pack for my FL28 and opted to go with the Genz Pack so I could customize it a bit more.

Attachments:
    1. 20160206_100430.jpg

2. 20160206_100412.jpg

travis mccolley

O have the pro pack, and I really could not see any reason to spend the extra money on the ultra.

I have been seriously considering getting the Gentz pack though as I only use a bucket for early ice, and I think I could just as easy get a small folding chair to walk out with.

Mitch, where did you get the rod holders?

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

I have been seriously considering getting the Gentz pack though as I only use a bucket for early ice, and I think I could just as easy get a small folding chair to walk out with.

Mitch, where did you get the rod holders?

I picked them up from Cold Snap Outdoors. You get a 4 pack so I put 2 on the support bars of my flip-over and then 2 on my Genz Pack. I removed the plastic piece when adding them to my Genz pack.

http://www.coldsnapcover.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=100/category_id=59/mode=prod/prd100.htm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.