Preseason

• Mason Clark

Just wondering if anyone has been out locating coyotes or has seen any around now with the corn out?

deertracker

As far as I’m concerned, there is no PRE-season. Take them out any chance you get. chased Once I get through the deer season I will get the caller out.
    DT

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

As far as I’m concerned, there is no PRE-season. Take them out any chance you get. ” /> Once I get through the deer season I will get the caller out.
    DT

X2 WI is year round – game on 365

Not quite sure if you call this a Wisconsin or Texas heart shot. Either coming or going, they make great bullseyes

Attachments:
    1. TX-Heart.jpg

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Illinois 24hr season just opened up, so it’s game on at my parents house this weekend. Have yet to get a night kill under my belt and hoping this weekend is it.(I know wi is always 24hrs but you can’t use a light so until snow it’s kinda a no go)

Turned the caller on yesterday morning with no responses so this weekend may be first night kill and first with the new rifle.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Illinois 24hr season just opened up, so it’s game on at my parents house this weekend. Have yet to get a night kill under my belt and hoping this weekend is it.(I know wi is always 24hrs but you can’t use a light so until snow it’s kinda a no go)

Turned the caller on yesterday morning with no responses so this weekend may be first night kill and first with the new rifle.

Get’m toast

deertracker

I didn’t realize that some states had seasons on them. In MN they are an unprotected species which means game on whenever.
    DT

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

WI has a trapping season on them, but not with firearms. Purpose is to protect non-target species while trapping is closed. I hunt coyotes year round!

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

I didn’t realize that some states had seasons on them. In MN they are an unprdotected species which means game on whenever.
    DT

DT I realized I made it sound like IL has a season, it’s year round like most but 24hrs hunting is only allowed from early November through mid-Febuary, generally runs pretty much exact to trapping season.

Mason Clark

Ya I’m always looking year round but they’re pretty elusive and hard to spot without some of that white stuff on the ground!!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I don’t do locating. I don’t want to give the coyotes any ideas that there might be someone out there who’s not a coyote and is messing with them. No need to make wary coyotes even more wary where I hunt, they’re hard enough already. When it’s time to call, it’s game on for real.

Grouse

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I don’t do locating. I don’t want to give the coyotes any ideas that there might be someone out there who’s not a coyote and is messing with them. No need to make wary coyotes even more wary where I hunt, they’re hard enough already. When it’s time to call, it’s game on for real.

Grouse

I disagree. If you want to learn and enhance your skills, you need to practice. No different than shooting a rifle. You don’t take a new gun out without practice, and the same goes for learning locate howls. Park the truck on a fire lane and sound off. It’s a learning curve. I’ve been in predator hunting since I was 10. I still go out at night and practice howls almost 40 years later.

Now with that said, don’t over do it. Get a r we spouse and leave. Coyotes hear

Mason Clark

I agree with that, I like to get out and do some howls at night and try to get a response.

Can’t wait for this!!

Attachments:
    1. iPhone-194.jpg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.