Can’t be many left.

• norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Went down to our local fur buyers today to drop off a couple of yotes we got this weekend. Talking with one of the skinners I was shocked to hear that 4 local hunters since December 1st have harvested over 130 coyotes! Wow! No wonder most of my set-ups have gone south.According to the furbuyer they go out everyday and depending on the weather thet get 3-4 every trip. They don’t call any of them either. They mostly walk sloughs, woodlots, dredge dithes, with snowshoes and flush or drive them to anticipated fencelines ect. I’m not sure of how big an area they cover but I’m sure they have thinned out the areas yotes considerablity. These guys must be the Carlos Halfcock of coyote hunting.

coppertop
    Central MN

Your news just made my day!!!

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Alot of coyotes have hit the ground in our area this year. I am just north of you norseman in St James. The group of guys that my brother and I hunt with have shot 40+ so far this year. A friend of mine hunts occasionally with a group down by Trimont whom he had said a few weeks back they were close to 50 so far, and a land owner whos stuff we hunted saturday night told us a group over by Madelia was over 70 this year. Add those numbers to yours and the group you heard about, thats alot of downed dogs in our counties We too have noticed that our calling is not producing near what it was last full moon.

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Wow and they call coyotes predators!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.