Coons are running

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Finally got some new snow and warmer weather to quiet the old snow Myself and a friend went to some public land to try and get a response from the stubborn coyotes. The area was plum full of fresh coon and mink tracks. All it took was a warm night compared to what it was last week, and they are on the move. I am half tempted to take the caller out at night and try to call a few of the big boar coon and say ther heck with the coyotes.
    We did get a response on the first setup though. I made a series of the bunny blues when maybe 75 yards away in the woods, something started barking. It sounded like a fox yipping at me From my experience, when they bark at you, it isn’t a good thing. I think we got busted So that was all the action we had.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I had a big yote in my yard last night. If anyone wants to come hunt them, give me a shout, we have a ton around!!

scottsteil
    Central MN

I had a big yote in my yard last night. If anyone wants to come hunt them, give me a shout, we have a ton around!!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I would love to take you up on that offer, but MN doesn’t like non-resident coyote hunters I love to hunt coyotes but $155 is a little steep

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I would love to take you up on that offer, but MN doesn’t like non-resident coyote hunters I love to hunt coyotes but $155 is a little steep

big water
    Andover ,MN

scott id love to i’ve been out a couple of times but never shot one … YET!!!! soon, very soon, i’ll get one.

big water
    Andover ,MN

scott id love to i’ve been out a couple of times but never shot one … YET!!!! soon, very soon, i’ll get one.

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Quote:

Scott if ya tell gut pile yes maybe he can take me along last time we went was a while back.

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Quote:

Scott if ya tell gut pile yes maybe he can take me along last time we went was a while back.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

If ya want some yotes, ya can come down to my area ANY TIME.

We got the dang things all over the place and we normally “exterminate” during deer hunting with slugs……

ANY farmer in my area will not hesitate to allow you to go and shoot yotes on their land, as long as you are respectfull.

Come down and get the dang things………

gary_wellman
    South Metro

If ya want some yotes, ya can come down to my area ANY TIME.

We got the dang things all over the place and we normally “exterminate” during deer hunting with slugs……

ANY farmer in my area will not hesitate to allow you to go and shoot yotes on their land, as long as you are respectfull.

Come down and get the dang things………

big water
    Andover ,MN

Gary im going to mille lacs this weekend. but next weekend i think i’m going to take you up on that.
    thanx!!

big water
    Andover ,MN

Gary im going to mille lacs this weekend. but next weekend i think i’m going to take you up on that.
    thanx!!

JohnSelvestra
    Eagan, MN

Gary,

I live in Eagan and am looking for some places to call predators. You mentioned most farmers would be more than willing to let respectful folks hunt. Can you give me any direction for me and my 12 year old son to start?? Do you know of any specific farmers or should I just start knocking on some doors? Thanks for any help you can offer!

John

JohnSelvestra
    Eagan, MN

Gary,

I live in Eagan and am looking for some places to call predators. You mentioned most farmers would be more than willing to let respectful folks hunt. Can you give me any direction for me and my 12 year old son to start?? Do you know of any specific farmers or should I just start knocking on some doors? Thanks for any help you can offer!

John

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to IDA Big John!!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to IDA Big John!!!

JohnSelvestra
    Eagan, MN

Thanks Steve!

I stumbled on to the site and have found it very interesting and helpful. It’s great to be able to bounce stuff off of others who live in my area and fish/hunt similar areas.

JohnSelvestra
    Eagan, MN

Thanks Steve!

I stumbled on to the site and have found it very interesting and helpful. It’s great to be able to bounce stuff off of others who live in my area and fish/hunt similar areas.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yep, a big welcome to Big John. Stick around and this place will grow on you. Awesome people and all are willing to help out with whatever we can.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yep, a big welcome to Big John. Stick around and this place will grow on you. Awesome people and all are willing to help out with whatever we can.

Lynch6913
    MN, USA, Hayfield

I use a hound to hunt coons but i am intrested in calling them in. any info is apprecieated!

Lynch6913
    MN, USA, Hayfield

I use a hound to hunt coons but i am intrested in calling them in. any info is apprecieated!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The boars are running again I have seen a bunch of roadkill as well as dodged quite a few tonight on a road trip from Holmen to Lansing. Might be worth it to get out there and do some calling

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The boars are running again I have seen a bunch of roadkill as well as dodged quite a few tonight on a road trip from Holmen to Lansing. Might be worth it to get out there and do some calling

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.