Conditions for Calling Coyotes

• lonewolf
    La Crosse, WI

What are the perfect conditions for calling coyotes. Before, during , after cold fronts, during or after snowfall, time of day, etc. I have only been out about a couple dozen time and have taken 1 coyote and have called 2 or 3 others in.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Taht is a matter of opinion For me the colder the better, little to no wind, snow on the ground, before and after a front, early morning. I really like the morning when it is so cold everything is coated with white frost. If there is no wind, even better. The sounds from the call come out crisp and carry a long ways. With it being cold the coyotes will hunt more and sometimes most of the day because the need more food to keep there enrgy levels fueled. I really like the snow only because it helps me see them easier . To make the conditions even better would be a big ol western plain where I can see for miles.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Taht is a matter of opinion For me the colder the better, little to no wind, snow on the ground, before and after a front, early morning. I really like the morning when it is so cold everything is coated with white frost. If there is no wind, even better. The sounds from the call come out crisp and carry a long ways. With it being cold the coyotes will hunt more and sometimes most of the day because the need more food to keep there enrgy levels fueled. I really like the snow only because it helps me see them easier . To make the conditions even better would be a big ol western plain where I can see for miles.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.