Precipitation App

• Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

I am just curious if anyone knows of a good app to track precipitation. I would like to put in a zip code and time period and get the info on snowfall or rain.

Seems simple but finding this info has deemed hard for me. Weather underground and even the national weather service are never right, or up to date. It would also be nice to pull historical data. Weather underground is normally amazing for this. But every time I have checked it recently it is way wrong for my area, so I don’t really trust it for anywhere else either.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I use the Accu Weather app. Seems to be fairly accurate and I like the radar map.

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

I think most snow reports get sent in by citizens, saw a FB post from the national weather service this morning asking people to comment snow totals as the come down so they can report it.
    Here is the link for others if interested.
    https://www.weather.gov/source/crh/snowmap.html?sid=mpx

I use this website during the summer at work to get rainfall amounts, volunteers report their rain gages regularly (more so in the summer). Never really looked at it for snow but see a few reports. Search by county or map view.
    https://www.cocorahs.org/ViewData/ListDailyPrecipReports.aspx

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Rainfall is easy. WeatherUnderground, Accuweather, and a bunch of other sites show past rainfall.

Past SNOWFALL is the hardest thing in the world, apparently. I have looked and looked and I have never found a site that has a graph of actual past snowfall totals.

I’m not talking about Deadeye Dave Dahl’s guestimate forecasts or big circles drawn on the map showing approximate totals of 1-200 inches for a 1000 square mile area.

Can anyone point us to a site that graphs past snowfall totals?

Grouse

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Dark sky is very good.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Dark Sky is probably your best bet for historical data. It can be inaccurate as well though.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Past SNOWFALL is the hardest thing in the world, apparently

I know and its very frustrating when trying to figure out if I am going to a lake out of town will I be able to drive a truck on it, or a wheeler, or do I need a sled, or am I doomed or what.

It would be nice info to know so I don’t have to bug forum peps all the time )

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

There are maps with snow cover/ snow pack depth on them, that should tell you what you need to know.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I like Dark Sky as well however I usually call local bait shops (when possible) I prefer talking with people over looking at apps when it comes to conditions. There are numerous variables that are impossible to get from an app.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Looks like about 9 fell in Woodbury.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.