Possible trip

• Bryan Shelton

With our actual Canada trip obviously not happening this year, I’m trying to come up with another place to go. We primarily focus on walleye but smallies, pike and crappie would be a bonus. Anyone have any lakes with cabins to stay? I’ve looked a bit in the Waubay area in SD and Lake Vermillion.

Any help would be appreciated.

OG Net_Man

I am surely not a expert on Rainy Lake but Rainy would have you covered on all of the species.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Just got back from Kabetogama and the walleye fishing was very good as long as the wind was blowing, lots of 20″+ fish. No giants but a lot of fun. Did not try smallmouth fishing but seemed more people fishing smallmouth than walleyes and the guys I talked to said they were doing well. Did catch one day about 15 SM trying for walleyes but they were all not very big. Beautiful lake lots of resorts.

Bryan Shelton

Just got back from Kabetogama and the <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye fishing was very good as long as the wind was blowing, lots of 20″+ fish. No giants but a lot of fun. Did not try smallmouth fishing but seemed more people fishing smallmouth than walleyes and the guys I talked to said they were doing well. Did catch one day about 15 SM trying for <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleyes but they were all not very big. Beautiful lake lots of resorts.

I will check out Kab as well. Good hear you caught plenty over 20”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.